Curtiss-Wright and Green Hills Software work closely together to ensure Curtiss-Wright’s computing modules and systems take full advantage of the high assurance real-time operating system capabilities of Green Hills’ INTEGRITY®-178 tuMP™ RTOS. With Green Hills and Curtiss-Wright, customers can take advantage of the multi-core processing power of Intel® x86 and NXP® Power Architecture® processors in industry-standard OpenVPX, VME, XMC, and custom form factors to get their program started quickly. To speed and ease the safety certification process, an RTCA/DO-254 data artifact package for selected SBCs, and a certifiable board support package (BSP) with RTCA/DO-178 artifacts for the INTEGRITY-178 tuMP multi-core RTOS, is available as an option from Green Hills.
Optimal Multicore Processing for Safety-Critical Applications
Safety-critical and Multi-Level-Security (MLS) applications have been slow to utilize multicore architectures due to the complexity of validating and certifying software and hardware architectures. In order to achieve the throughput and SWaP benefits of multicore solutions, the software architecture needs to support high utilization of the available processor cores.
Curtiss-Wright and Green Hills Provide Customers With:
- Optimized INTEGRITY-178 tuMP BSPs for a broad selection of Curtiss-Wright boards and computing systems.
- The ability for embedded system designers to select the multiprocessing architecture that is right for the task. Green Hills Software operating system support is provided for Curtiss-Wright processor cards. The INTEGRITY-178 tuMP multi-core RTOS provides deterministic Asymmetrical Multiprocessing (AMP), Symmetrical Multiprocessing (SMP), and Bound Multiprocessing (BMP) support based on user-defined core and scheduling assignments resulting in the industry’s best throughput and SWaP reduction benefits.
- Solutions are ready for both laboratory and rugged deployable applications in the embedded, aerospace and defense markets.
- Options for DO-254/DO-178 safety certifiable avionics applications. Curtiss-Wright’s Safety Certifiable COTS Graphics, I/O and Single Board Computer modules provide the reduced cost and development risk benefits of COTS electronics to designers of safety-certifiable systems. Designed with an RTCA/DO-254 design process from the beginning of the development cycle, Curtiss-Wright’s safety certifiable multi-core processor SBCs, when combined with Green Hills Software’s INTEGRITY-178 tuMP RTOS, provide system designers with a complete COTS hardware/software solution for avionics systems. This solution significantly reduces the time and cost required to integrate federated systems into size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) optimized high-performance multi-core processor-based avionics systems deployed on military and commercial manned and unmanned aircraft.
- Green Hills Software and Curtiss-Wright provide end-to-end support for a customer's entire certification effort for hardware/BSP development, hardware/software compatibility, device driver development, complete testing on hardware, appropriate life cycle data generation and delivery, through audit support, allowing the customer to take full credit for the delivered certification evidence.
- Proven capabilities and peace of mind: INTEGRITY-178 tuMP has been shipping to multi-core customers since 2011 and is the only RTOS used in a multi-core system certification to DO-178C and CAST-32A, as well as the only RTOS used in a system certified to NSA's "Raise the Bar" standards for cross-domain solutions (CDS).
- INTEGRITY-178 tuMP support for the following capabilities on Curtiss-Wright’s Intel and NXP Power Architecture products:
- Unique approach to resource management provides guaranteed resource availability for multiple safety-critical and/or security-critical applications on a single processor operating at different safety assurance levels (A/B/C/D/E) and/or security levels.
- Complete support for the ARINC-653 Part 1 standard as well as the Part 2 optional features such as Sampling Port Data Structures, Sampling Port Extensions, Memory Blocks, Multiple Module Schedules and File System.
- DO-178B Level A compliant network stack and file system, both based on a Client/Server architecture that features the ability of the Level A Server to communicate simultaneously with multiple Clients operating at different safety levels (DAL A-E), located on the same or different cores.
- Certified conformant to the FACE™ Technical Standard Edition 3.0 for both the Security and Safety Base Profiles, including C, C++, and Ada runtimes.
- Zero-Trust Architecture, implementing least privilege operation and providing the means to lock down the kernel, the application execution time slots, and the permitted communication paths along with integrity testing and resource sanitization.
- Secure virtualization, with the isolation provided by the separation microkernel and moving the larger virtual machine code out of the kernel to reduce the attack surface of the trusted compute base.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent vendor of embedded development solutions. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.