Flight test campaigns typically operate within very compressed timeframes and delays can lead to expensive additional flights and excessive overtime for engineers. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and this can take significant amounts of time due to complex installation of equipment and wiring.
Risk can be lowered by using proven aircraft data acquisition systems that deliver data reliably and that are flexible to ease installation challenges and allow for rapid reconfiguration when requirements change. Curtiss-Wright’s proven systems use FPGA finite state machines to deliver unparalleled reliability. They have been designed to make reconfiguration and installation as pain free as possible by using a true modular architecture, native Ethernet support, remote data acquisition nodes and wireless sensor support.
Deploying such systems means less risk of losing data, having to repeat a flight and suffering the schedule and financial costs. Further time is saved with faster and more flexible installation and the ability to quickly meet changing requirements.
Future Proof Flight Test Instrumentation
- Any card in any slot in any chassis
- One plug-in module away from any solution
- Over one hundred off-the-shelf interfaces designed for sources such as analog, digital, avionics bus, video and audio
- Significantly less wiring and simpler installation
- XidML vendor-neutral hardware configuration platform
- iNET compatible system