Before submitting an RMA request, have you contacted our Technical Support Group? Some issues can potentially be resolved without sending the material back to Curtiss-Wright.
To access software and manuals online support and lifecycle management visit our Total LifeCycle Management Support site. A support engineer will gladly assist with identifying the resources that may be helpful to you. Learn more about Total LifeCycle Management.
Please ensure that your failure report provides sufficient information so that our technicians will understand the error. If you are uncertain if the failure report is sufficient, or if there is a concern that the observed failure may not be caught by our standard factory test for the card or system, we strongly suggest you discuss the issue with our Technical Support Group first. This will avoid a product potentially being returned back to you as 'no fault found.'
To facilitate reporting of a failure, and the ability of our team to quickly determine the root cause of the failure you are experience should a return be necessary, Curtiss-Wright highly recommends completion of our Fault Reporting Questionnaire.
Download our Fault Reporting Requirements & Questionnaire
Contact the North American support team:
Repair and Warranty Service
Please request a Return Material Authorization number prior to returning material to Curtiss-Wright by sending us a completed RMA form, which you can download below. Please e-mail the completed RMA form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RMA Form Instructions
1. Requesting an RMA
You must obtain an RMA number before returning material to Curtiss-Wright. This is done by completing the RMA form (Excel format). Product sent to any of our facilities without an RMA number will be rejected and returned to the sender.
|Before submitting an RMA form you need:|
Curtiss-Wright will notify you of your RMA # by e-mail within 48 hours. Please note that RMA #'s are only valid for 60 days from the issue date.
2. Packaging Your Material
After receiving your RMA number, use the following steps to prepare your package for shipment:
- If available, return the product in the original CW packaging. If no longer available, use a box large enough to allow for adequate cushioning material on all sides of the equipment.
- To properly cushion the contents of your package, wrap each item separately. Use proper electrostatic discharge (ESD) precautions.
- Adhere to IPC-1601 "Printed Board Handling and Storage Guidelines or equivalent standard.
- Include in your shipment a description of the problem and a point of contact at your company should Curtiss-Wright like to get more information about the failure.
- Do not include any accessory pieces such as mounting brackets, power cords or software.
- Ensure products for different RMA numbers are not packed in the same shipping package.
- Ensure a copy of your purchase order is sent to email@example.com
3. Labeling Your Package
When shipping a package:
- RMA number MUST be clearly visible on the outside of the package(s) and packing slip(s) for efficient customs clearance.
- Assets received without an RMA number will be immediately returned at the originating shippers expense.
- Please ship your asset(s) to the address mentioned on the returned communication from our RWS department.
US Customers Returning Product to Canada or the UK:
Product returns via RMA to Canada are considered to be domestic shipments for all of our U.S. Customers. Why? We are easing the export paperwork burden for all of our U.S. Customers.
How does it work? Follow these easy steps.
- Obtain your RMA# following the process above.
- Choose your favorite carrier.
- Deliver your goods with your domestic shipment referencing your RMA# to the address provided by your RWS contact.
- Curtiss-Wright will then act as the exporter of record, completing all of the required export and customs paperwork, filing the AES and clearing U.S. or Canadian Customs.
Non-US Customers Please Note:
All inbound shipments must specify the shipping terms as "Prepaid Door-to-door, DDP Incoterms 2010 as noted in the terms and conditions of the RMA request form. Failure to comply will result in unnecessary processing delays and all shipping charges charged back to the customer. Additional administration fees may also apply.
Contact: Repairs & Warranty Services (RWS) Department
Phone: (613) 599-9199 x5111 (During regular office hours - 8AM-5PM EST)