Reduce your program cost, development time and DO-254 certification risk
DO-254 safety certification for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles can be a costly and time-consuming undertaking, especially if the process is new to your organization. Working with a vendor that can provide safety certifiable COTS solutions that are designed for use in systems with Design Assurance Level A using AMC 20-152A as a means of compliance for safety certification can significantly reduce your program’s cost, and development time, and overall certification risk.
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions has extensive experience and decades of proven success in airborne systems, providing hardware developed with safety certification artifacts for RTCA DO-254. Our range of solutions covers process-intensive civil and military embedded computing systems, 3U VPX processor cards, 3U VPX graphics cards and flight data recorders. We have the expertise to help you save time getting your systems certified.
Reduce Cost, Risk, and Time to Market with COTS Hardware
Our broad selection of open-architecture, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) rugged embedded computing solutions process data in real-time to support mission-critical functions. Field-proven, highly engineered and manufactured to stringent quality standards, Curtiss-Wright’s COTS boards leverage our extensive experience and expertise to reduce your program cost, development time, and overall risk. Learn about our safety-certifiable solutions.
DO-254 Certifiable Airborne Electronics Hardware
Accelerate Time-To-Market using DO-254 Certifiable COTS airborne electronics hardware (AEH) lets system integrators jump-start development efforts for avionics systems with ready-to-use building blocks that offer a clear path to certification.
Benefits of Safety-Certifiable COTS
- COTS value priced safety certifiable hardware available with artifacts to support safety certification with no NRE costs
Increased Speed to Market
- Why pay NRE and wait for development when you can procure with the same ease and availability as non-safety certifiable off-the-shelf hardware
Leveraged Technology Innovation
- Benefit from Curtiss-Wright’s ongoing investment and commitment to product research and development
- Protect your system and application with solutions aligned with industry specifications such as SOSA, FACE, OpenGL SC, MIL-STD-810G/DO-160G and VITA 46/65/42/61
- Reduce your program and schedule risk by engaging a specialist in the technology area
- Enjoy the added security of Curtiss-Wright's extensive program management capabilities
Dissimilar Redundant Architectures Are Necessary for DAL A
This white paper examines how building a system with a dissimilar redundant architecture can help overcome the challenges of meeting DO-254/178 DAL A requirements.