FAQ/010 KAM-500 - KAD/ARI/001: What steps should be taken if the KAD/ARI/001 is not receiving expected messages?
August 18, 2014
If not receiving an expected ARINC-429 message with a KAD/ARI/001, check the following list of common errors:
- Ensure that the +/- Bus is not inverted in the wiring
- Ensure that the right bus is connected to the KAD/ARI/001
- Ensure the Bus speed is correct
- Check the ‘Error Bits’ from the REPORT parameter: If there is an error, the card will not display WD_COUNT or the Label.
- The ARINC labels are often expressed by the avionics documentation in octal. The KSM-500 software allows these to be configured as decimal, octal, or hexadecimal.
Please ensure that the correct label is entered into the software.