Flash Storage Module (FSM)
The 3U VPX (VITA 46 and 48.2) Flash Storage Module (FSM) provides high-performance, high-capacity, solid-state SATA storage with AES-256 bit encryption using Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) that is FIPS-140-2 validated. The 1" pitch conduction-cooled solid state storage device utilizes high reliability SLC NAND flash designed for the most demanding application. The FSM can be configured as either four separate SATA drives or as a single SATA drive. Industry standard wear-leveling, error correction, and bad block management are built-in.
The onboard micro-controller performs the AES-256-bit encryption key management functions and allowing two options for key management. The AES keys can be generated either internally or provided externally and can be stored in battery backed SRAM, EEPROM, or not stored onboard. Fast zeroization of the AES keys secures the data-at-rest and can be initiated by command, by backplane discrete input, and/or by a front panel push button. AES key zeroization take only 2-3 seconds as only the AES-256-bit key need be purged to secure data compared to typical solid state purge algorithms which may take critical minutes to hours in order to complete.
The 2 TB FSM can be FIPS 140-2 level 2 validated by NIST for specific application needs. The 2 TB FSM uses the same FIPS 140-2 validated ASIC used by the 1 TB FSM.
- Any 3U VPX Single Board Computer and Chassis including the VPX3-1257 3U OpenVPX Intel Core i7 Single Board Computer
- Compact Network Storage (CNS)
This product is not subject to the USA International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) controls (US EAR export controls applies).
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- 1TB FIPS 140-2 Flash Storage Module (FSM) Product Sheet
- Curtiss-Wright Rugged Storage fact sheet
- Case Study: Flexible, Secure Data-at-Rest Storage for ISR Applications
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- Data Encryption Solutions
- Article: COTS Data Recorders with FIPS 140-2 encryption provide secure lockdown
- White Paper: COTS Recorder wtih 2TB Removable FIPS 140-2 Validated Storage
- 09/09/13 - Curtiss-Wright Removable FIPS 140-2 Validated Flash Storage Unit and Rugged Network File Servers Now ITAR- Free
- White Paper: Modular Approach to Rugged COTS Data Storage Selection
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- COTS Boards Brochure
- 3U VPX VITA 46 and 48.2 compliant
- 1 TB physical solid state storage capacity (800GB usable)
- NIST FIPS 140-2 Validated AES256-bit data encryption (certificate #1885)
- OR 2 TB physical solid state storage capacity (1.86GB usable)
- AES-256 bit encryption that is FIPS 140-2 certified
- Wear leveling, error correction, and bad block management
- SLC NAND flash enhances storage endurance and data retention
- 4 SATA lane JBOD and 1 SATA lane RAID configurations
- 4 x 100 MB/s JBOD performance and 1 x 160 MB/s RAID performance
- MLC & SLC Flash versions
- Interoperable with standard host storage software under Windows®, Linux®, or VxWorks®
- MLC NAND flash versions optional for lower cost, lower endurance
- RS-232 or I2C for host management functions
The Compact Network Storage 2-Slot (CNS2) FIPS 140-2 is a conduction-cooled, rugged, NAS file server designed to be mounted in an ARINC tray on board mobile units in harsh environments. With...
The VPX3-1257 rugged, high performance 3U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) is based on the Intel 3rd Generation Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) quad-core processor. The VPX3-1257 Intel Single Board...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.