CHAMP-FX4/VPX6-473 6U OpenVPX Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA Processor Card
The CHAMP-FX4 is the flagship 6U product in Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions' family of user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA-based computing products, designed to meet the needs of challenging embedded high-performance digital signal and image processing applications. Curtiss-Wright's 4th generation 6U FPGA card, the CHAMP-FX4 combines the dense processing resources of three large Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGAs with over 12 GB of memory resources, all on a rugged 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) form factor module.
The CHAMP-FX4 6U OpenVPX Virtex-7 FPGA Processor card complements this processing capability with vast amounts of backplane I/O bandwidth, exceeding 100 GB/s, directly connected to the FPGAs. Gen2 Serial RapidIO (SRIO) provides standards-based connectivity to general-purpose processing boards such as the VPX6-1957 and CHAMP-AV8. The CHAMP-FX4 can also be used with the CHAMP-AV9 by leveraging the PCIe-Gen3 capability in the FPGA which is on the expansion plane. In addition, 36 pairs of LVDS links to the backplane can be used to support Camera Link or other high-speed parallel interfaces. There are also two FMC sites that have been enhanced to support the next generation of serial or JESD204B FMC cards, providing a configuration option to support up to 8 lanes of SERDES connectivity to each site. A Xilinx ZYNQ FPGA with embedded dual Arm Cortex A9 processors provides powerful command and control capability in a compact footprint.
Using the CHAMP-FX4 with Curtiss-Wright's Signal Acquisition FMC cards such as the FMC-516/FMC-518 provides a complete Digital Receiver solution. With no onboard FPGA, FMCs are a low power mezzanine option and can better handle extreme rugged conditions. Furthermore, with the flexibility of the FMC interface, alternate front ends can be accommodated by using different FMC modules.
This combination of enormous processing density and I/O flexibility makes the CHAMP-FX4 6U OpenVPX Virtex-7 FPGA Processor card an ideal choice for many commercial or rugged embedded applications, including radar and signal intelligence, image or network processing, and for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) platforms, providing more than twice the performance of the previous generations of FPGA products.
The CHAMP-FX4 is part of the Curtiss-Wright Fabric40 approach to integrating the latest high-speed 40 Gbps fabrics into high-performance radar processing, SIGINT, image processing and other EW systems that cannot afford to compromise on performance.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- CHAMP-FX4 6U OpenVPX Quick Start Kit Datasheet
- White Paper: Accelerating SAR Processing with COTS FPGA Hardware and Automated C-to-Gates Synthesis
- White Paper: Fabric40 - An Introduction
- White Paper: Fabric40 Signal Integrity: Gen 3 OpenVPX Backplanes Supporting 10.3 Gbaud Signaling Systems
- Case Study: Design Adjustments and Flexible Manufacturing Keep Airborne Radar on Schedule
- COTS Boards Brochure
- OpenVPX (VITA 65) profile MOD6-PAY- 4F1Q2U2T-12.2.1-11, VPX REDI (VITA 48 option)
- Three user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGAs (585T or X690T), each with:
- 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM in two 64-bit banks
- 36 MB QDRII+ SRAM in two 36-bit banks
- Three or Four 10.3 GHz 4-lane high-speed serial links to the backplane
- Eight or twenty LVDS pairs to the backplane
- Two FMC interfaces with 80 differential signal pairs
- Onboard PCIe Gen3 switch
- Onboard SRIO Gen2 switch
- Xilinx ZYNQ FPGA with Dual ARM Cortex A9 processor
- 1 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 256 MB application flash
- Multi-board synchronous clock
- FXTools BSP and FPGA design kit with highly-optimized IP Blocks, development environment, reference designs, scriptable simulation test benches and software libraries VxWorks and Linux variants available
- Continuum IPC - inter-processor communications middleware available
- Backplane I2C/IPMI control for power on/off card and sensor information
- VITA 48 1" pitch format
- Ruggedization levels
- Level 0 (Commercial)
- Air-cooled level 100
- Conduction-cooled level 200
The CHAMP-AV9 combines the floating point performance of the Intel Core i7 processors, with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form-factor. Providing a pair of...
The CHAMP-WB-DRFM Digital RF Memory (DRFM) card is one of Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions’ family of user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA-based computing products, designed to meet the needs...
The CHAMP-WB is the first entry in Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions’ family of user-programmable Xilinx Virtex-7 FPGA-based computing products, designed to meet the needs of challenging embedded...
HPEC is Curtiss-Wright's application of High-Performance Computing technologies to the rugged COTS computing market. HPEC (High-Performance Embedded Computing) includes many of the same data flow...
The VPX6-1957 is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) based on the Gen3 Intel Core i7 processor. The VPX6-1957 is fully-featured 6U OpenVPX SBC, designed for harsh...
The VPX6-1958 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel's powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform's high speed fabric...
The VPX6-6802 is a combined Data Plane and Control Plane high-performance switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. As part of the Curtiss-Wright Fabric40™ family of high-speed VPX...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.