General Dynamics UK SoftMap Digital Mapping & Situational Awareness Visualization
Curtiss-Wright's Digital Mapping & Situational Awareness Visualization Solution is pre-tested and pre-validated support for General Dynamics UK’s SoftMap on Curtiss-Wright’s rugged COTS modules. Developed as part of the System Ready Application (SRA) initiative, this solution allows defense and aerospace system designers to quickly integrate Curtiss-Wright’s rugged COTS graphics controllers and single board computers (SBCs) with SoftMap, to significantly reduce the risks and costs associated with adding digital mapping and situational awareness capabilities into embedded systems for demanding deployed applications.
SoftMap is a platform-independent software solution that offers rapid, intelligent, and coherent multi-layered terrain displays and situation awareness visualization. Any application that requires a digital map and situational visualization can use SoftMap at its core. Capabilities include:
- Wide commercial and military vector, raster and matrix digital map format support for situational awareness on the ground, sea, and in the air (including US and UK formats)
- Multi mixed and merged vector, raster and matrix-based layers
- Mission support
- Tactical awareness and much, much more
About Curtiss-Wright’s System Ready Applications
Curtiss-Wright’s System Ready Applications (SRAs) provide system integrators with proven, costeffective technologies that make it easy to enhance their embedded systems’ capabilities. The SRAs define the specific hardware, provided by Curtiss-Wright, and the software package, provided by a best-of-breed software partner. Each SRA is preverified and pre-tested which takes the design risk out of adding new applications to both new and existing systems, significantly reducing up-front costs and speeding development schedules. Offered across a range of system architectures, the list of Curtiss-Wright SRA solutions is continually growing.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX3-716 3U OpenVPX Graphics Processor Card Product Sheet
- VPX6-1957 6U VPX Intel Core i7 SBC Product Sheet
- XMC-715 Graphics Controller Product Sheet
- VPX3-131 NXP Power Architecture P4080/P5020/P3041 SBC Datasheet
- SVME-186 VME NXP QorIQ SBC Product Sheet
- PMC-706 RTOS datasheet
- SVME-183 datasheet
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Hardware: A complete set of COTS modules (SBCs and GPUs) that allow you to integrate SoftMap into existing systems or implement a turnkey rugged deployable system.
- Software: General Dynamics UK's SoftMap, the platform-independent digital mapping and situational visualization software solution – pre-tested and prevalidated to work with Curtiss-Wright’s rugged hardware
- Complete: Hardware and software solutions ready to integrate into your system
- Pre-verified: Reduce integration time and interoperability design risk
- Low cost: Reduces up-front costs
- Fast: Reduces Time to Market
The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions PMC-706/706A Graphics PMC is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) feature rich product designed for deployment in applications requiring ruggedization. This IEEE...
Using one or two NXP (formerly Freescale) MPC7447A/7448 Power Architecture processors with AltiVec technology, and up to 1 GB of DDR1 SDRAM, the VME-183 Single Board Computer provides an ideal...
The VME-186 VME Single Board Computer is based on NXP's high-performance Power Architecture QorIQ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With four or eight Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz,...
The VME-194 VME Single Board Computer (SBC) is designed for applications where low power with dual-core performance is a requirement. The VME-194 VME SBC is based on NXP's high-performance Power...
The VPX3-131 3U OpenVPX Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) combines the performance and I/O capabilities of NXP's P4080 QorIQ Octal Power Architecture processor with an extensive I/O...
The VPX3-716 is an industry-leading rugged 3U OpenVPX, high performance graphics processor based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). The E8860 is the latest embedded discrete...
The VPX6-1957 is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) based on the Gen3 Intel Core i7 processor. The VPX6-1957 is fully-featured 6U OpenVPX SBC, designed for harsh...
The XMC-715 high performance graphics controller XMC supports dual independent graphics outputs with a low level of complexity providing a high level of reliability. The XMC-715 XMC Graphics...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.