XMC-280 HD Real-Time JPEG2000 Mezzanine
The XMC-280 provides real-time JPEG2000 compression of two video channels at resolutions up to 1920x1200 pixels at 60Hz. This state-of-the-art capability makes it ideal for high-definition video distribution and recording applications. JPEG2000 offers low latency, resilience against errors and a great balance of compression and quality. FPGA-based processing is required to implement the computationally intensive JPEG2000 algorithm in real-time and three performance grades of core provide the optimal balance of price and capability.
The XMC-280 is available in two configurations. In compression mode the XMC-280 captures two input channels encoded into a JPEG2000-compliant data steam and transmits over the PCI Express® (PCIe) interface. In the decompression configuration the XMC-280 receives two JPEG2000 compressed video data streams over the PCIe interface and displays on two independent DVI outputs.
Co-processor operation is supported in both configurations. In co-processor operation the video inputs and outputs are not used and the XMC-280 acts as a JPEG2000 processor. It transfers both compressed and uncompressed video over the PCIe interface.
Co-processor mode also supports applications involving multiple video channels that must be decoded without display – for instance, when compressed video received from a network needs to be decompressed so the images may be processed later.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Acquires and displays two channels of high-definition video 1920x1200 at 60Hz.
- Real-time JPEG2000 encoding and decoding on each channel.
- Designed to minimize latency.
- Programmable compression ratios with option to transfer uncompressed video.
- PAL/NTSC, DVI and RGB input as standard, designed to support other interfaces in the future.
- Two channels of DVI output
- Available as an XMC module designed for deployment in a wide range of defense and aerospace applications; for other form-factors please contact the design center.
- Fully integrated with Curtiss-Wright's video distribution and recording product families.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.