Finding I/O modules to integrate into your real-time, mission-critical systems can be difficult as each application has its own requirements. You need fast and reliable movement of information between the various elements in your interconnected system and external sensors.
Your programs are long-term, and you need assured long-term availability to keep them in top shape for years, if not decades.
COTS provides the flexibility and fast availability of solutions, and when something needs a twist, Modified COTS (MCOTS) provides new options. With our extensive experience in the production of COTS signal acquisition hardware, we designed our I/O and communications solutions to handle the toughest operating environments.
Our sensor I/O product family includes rugged, high performance solutions to support intelligent analog I/O to over 20 Gsps, multi-channel fiber-optics and customizable, multi-standard digital IO. These modules deliver optimal performance in rugged formats to the extremes of temperature and vibration conditions, are designed to easily integrate with other elements of our product line, and are supported by our lifecycle services to keep your systems delivering for the long haul.
We offer open standard compliant PMC, XMC, 3U VPX, 6U VPX, FMC and 6U VME cards designed to popular communications standards such as ARINC, StarFabric, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, CANBus, and Fibre Channel.
Analog I/O & Digital Receivers
Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions has over 20 years experience in the design and production of top quality COTS signal acquisition hardware. Our 3U, XMC, PMC and FMC module-based sensor I/O solutions are designed to handle the toughest operating environments. More>
- FMC, I/O Module, OpenVPX, PMC, and XMC form factors available
- Compatible wtih Xilinx Virtex and Kintex FPGA processors
- ADC, DAC, and Clock Generator options
Our ARINC 429 products provide high-speed, low latency communications, with interfaces to standard avionics buses. We also offer a DO-254 safety certifiable module to meet your certification needs.
- ARINC 429 PMC Module
- Safety certifiable I/O module
- Designed for air-cooled or conduction-cooled applications
Carrier cards allow a designer to expand system capabilities, especially I/O, by simply plugging in a card that ‘carries’ another module into the system. Curtiss-Wright provides carrier cards for More>
- 3U and 6U OpenVPX, VPX and cPCI form factors
- Support for PMC, XMC and IPM modules
- Backplane fabrics including PCI, PCIe Gen 1 and Gen 2
- Air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
Curtiss-Wright Digitial I/O cards include interfaces to LVDS, Camera Link, Serial intrefaces, CANbus and customizable I/O. With over 20 years experience in the design and production of top quality COTS signal acquisition hardware, we deilver More>
- PMC, XMC, VXS, and PC104 Digital I/O cards
- Interfaces including Camera Link, EIA-485/422/232, TTL, fiber optic, programmable I/O, and LVDS
Curtiss-Wright fiber-optic I/O PMC and XMC modules combine the power of a Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA and four full duplex front panel fiber-optic channels supporting speeds of between 1 and 3.125Gbps per port. More>
- Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA based
- 4 Fiber-optic ports and user I/O on PMC connector
- PMC and XMC form factor
- 1 and 3.125Gbps per port
We provide a line of MIL-STD-1553 rugged XMC and PMC interfaces. With both air-cooled and conduction-cooled boards, these products can be applied to a variety of military and aerospace applications. They readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 into More>
- PMC, XMC and 1U rackmount form factors
- Air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- 2, 4 or 16 interfaces
- Supports MIL-STD-1553A, 1553B and STANAG 3838 (product dependent)
In today’s market, customers are looking to maximize their I/O capabilities without adding extra hardware. The use of PMC or XMC mezzanine modules provides this ease of expansion. More>
- RIM Modules providing access to XMC Pn6 I/O signals
- Supporting both low speed and high speed differential signalling
SCRAMNet Shared Memory
Many computing platforms solve portions of the same real-time problem; Curtiss-Wright's shared-memory products are optimized to deliver high-speed, ultra-low latency transfer of data among these computing platforms. More>
- PCI, PMC or VME Form Factor
- Fast, simple data communications solution for simulation, virtual reality and other real-time applications
- Data transfer rates at up to 2.5 Gbps
Curtiss-Wright FibreXtreme Serial FPDP (SFPDP) data link system connects distributed devices through a specialized communications protocol (VITA 17.1-2003) optimized for maximum data throughput. More>
- XMC & PCI Form Factor
- 1, 2 or 4 Full Speed Channels
- Support of 1.0625 Gbps and 2.5 Gbps Serial Data Rates
tarFabric delivers a pure switch fabric for base implementations. Curtiss-Wright StarLink PMC products offer a PCI to StarFabric bridge and can sustain a 400-440 MB/s transfer rate, allowing users to fully employ the processing power inherent in multi-board systems. More>
- Up to 500MB/sec sustained bi-directional throughput
- PCI to StarFabric bridge (2 ports)
- 6-port StarFabric switch
- 66MHz PCI or 133MHz PCI-X versions