FMC-520 Quad 550MSPS/Dual 1GSPS 16b DAC FMC
The inventive design of the FMC-520, which conforms to the VITA 57 FMC standard, simplifies developers’ integration of FPGAs and analog output into their embedded system designs. Depending on the selected rate of output conversion, the FMC-520 combines two or four channels of analog output in embedded computing systems. Typical digital signal processing applications supported by the FMC-520 module include Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), Software Radio, Electronic Warfare (EW), Radar and Electronic Counter Measures (ECM).
The VITA 57 specification enables direct coupling of I/O devices to a host FPGA. The two dual-channel DAC devices of the FMC-520 maximize data throughput and minimize latency as they connect through the high-bandwidth FMC connector to an FPGA-based host board. The FMC-520 is made for platforms that provide Xilinx® Virtex®-5 FPGA processor nodes, such as the FPE320 and HPE720.
Using MMCX-type front panel connectors, the FMC-520 supports four analog outputs. The outputs are 50 Ω single-ended, transformer coupled. The DACs can operate synchronously, as the analog signal paths of the DAC outputs are matched to within 4 ps. The maximum analog output voltage is 1.0 Vpp.
The FMC-520 features an onboard programmable VCXO, with the following frequency ranges: 10 MHz to 945 MHZ, 970 MHz to 1134 MHz and 1213 MHz to 1417.5 MHz. Through the module’s external clock input connector, the onboard clock can be locked to an external 10 MHz reference.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Understand the FMC Standard and Get the Result You Want
- White Paper: FMC to FMC+ - Keeping Up with New FPGAs and Analog I/O
- White Paper: Interoperability Considerations Between Different Host FMC and FMC Mezzanine Vendors
- White Paper: How does the FMC standard measure up against the PMC/XMC format for embedded defense/aerospace applications?
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Quad Channel 500 MSPS or dual channel 1GSPS, 16-bit DAC FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC)
- Two Texas Instruments DAC5682Z, 16-bit DACs
- Up to 500 MSPS using 4 channels
- Up to 1000 MSPS using 2 channels
- AC coupled analog output bandwidth 775MHz
- Choice of onboard and external clocks sources
- Multi-board synchronization capability
- FMC/VITA 57 form factor
- FusionXF support
- Air and conduction-cooled variants
The FMC-516, available in rugged air- and conduction-cooled variations, brings together the processing power of four synchronized 250 MSPS 16-bit ADCs and a local programmable clock in a VITA...
The FMC-518 is a quad channel 500 MSPS 14-bit analog input FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC). The FMC (VITA 57) specification allows I/O devices to be directly coupled to a host FPGA. This makes the...
FusionXF is the FPGA toolset for the Curtiss-Wright Xilinx FPGA-based Virtex-5, Virtex-6 and Virtex-7/Kintex-7 family of user-programmable FPGA products. FusionXF simplifies the development of...
The XCLK1 high-frequency clock generator is a PMC/XMC module that provides high-speed I/O resources including analog-to-digital converters and as many as six synchronized sample clocks. The XCLK1,...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.