FibreXtreme Multi-Channel SL100/SL240 Serial FPDP
Based on the technology pioneered in the original Simplex Link series, FibreXtreme SL100/SL240/SL500 multi-channel Serial FPDP(sFPDP) boards blast data up to a sustained 494 MB/s on each of the four channels.
FibreXtreme sFPDP boards support up to a 5.0 Gb/s serial data link which utilizes a highly specialized communications protocol optimized for maximum data throughput. Data transfers occur without the CPU overhead and non-deterministic latencies associated with many layers of complex communication protocols. The SL100/SL240/SL500 on-board Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine is optimized for maximum data throughput without processor intervention. DMA and register byte swapping provide additional system flexibility.
sFPDP technology (ANSI/VITA 17.1-2003) is the industry standard for high-speed serial communication in today’s advanced sensor to-DSP systems. It’s field-tested technology produces real-world results!
PCI Express Host Interface
The multi-channel SL100/SL240/SL500 PCI Express (PCIe) bus interface cards are available in PCIe and XMC form factors. This allows a computer-processor based host to initialize and configure the sFPDP interface as a source and/or destination for data. The SL100/SL240/SL500 register set and the driver API provide extreme flexibility in data control and topology configuration. The included applications allow for benchmark testing, board configuration and user interface for board status and control.
With support for 5.0 Gb/s transmission rates between interconnected subsystems separated by as much as 50 km and low-latency performance to match, SL100/SL240/SL500 sFPDP technology is ideal for many of today’s high-throughput DSP applications like that shown in the diagram below.
SL100/SL240/SL500 boards employ hardware-based insertion of data into fixed frames with flow control to keep the data connection open and operating at full speed. There is no need for complex communication protocols that cause data latency and reduce system performance as they establish and arbitrate the connection.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- FibreXtreme Multi-channel PCIe and XMC Serial FPDP Product Sheet
- White Paper: sFPDP- More Than an Extension of FPDP
- Manual: FibreXtreme Hardware Manuals
- Manual: SL100/SL240 PCI, PMC, cPCI Software API Guide
- Manual: SL100/SL240 PCI, PMC, cPCI Linux Installation Manual
- Manual: SL100/SL240 PCI, PMC, cPCI VxWorks Installation Manual
- Manual: SL100/SL240 PCI, PMC, cPCI Windows Installation Manual
- Manual: SL100/SL240 PCIe Software API Guide
- FibreXtreme Tech Note 4015
- FibreXtreme Tech Note 4027
- FibreXtreme Tech Note 4019
- FibreXtreme Tech Note 4022
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- COTS Boards Brochure
- 1, 2 or 4 full speed channels
- PCIe and XMC x 8 form factors
- Compatible with x 16 and x 32 PCIe slots
- 4 x independent data streams to host
- 256 Mbytes of on-board DDR2 SDRAM
- Supports 1.0625 Gb/s, 2.5 Gb/s and 5.0 Gb/s serial data rates
- ANSI/VITA 17.1-2003 sFPDP protocol
- Support for front and rear I/O options
- Up to 494 MB/s sustained data rate simultaneously on each channel
- Extends FPDP connections up to 50 km
- Various levels of error detection and status reporting
- Digital signal processing
- Radar and sonar
- Medical imaging
- Range and telemetry systems
- Video production
The modular design of the GLX/SLX port cards gives users unmatched flexibility. The port cards support a wide range of serial protocols including: 1/2/4/8 & 10 Gb/s Fibre Channel; 10 Gb/s...
The Curtiss-Wright GLX4000 Physical Layer Switch accepts up to three modular port cards with 48 ports per card, making them scalable. Both non-retimed and retimed port card versions are available...
Using one or two NXP (formerly Freescale) MPC7447A/7448 Power Architecture processors with AltiVec technology, and up to 1 GB of DDR1 SDRAM, the VME-183 Single Board Computer provides an ideal...
The SVME/DMV-184 combines the performance and I/O capabilities of the MPC8640 processor with an extensive I/O complement, resulting in a highly capable processing platform for a wide range of...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.