CHAMP-XD1/VPX3-482 3U VPX Intel Xeon D DSP Processor Card
The 3U OpenVPX CHAMP-XD1 (VPX3-482) rugged digital signal processor (DSP) engine module is designed for use in very compute-intensive Industrial, Aerospace & Defense applications, enabling developers of High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) systems to take full advantage of the unmatched performance of today’s leading-edge Intel Xeon processor D architecture.
The CHAMP-XD1 combines the high core count and floating-point performance of the latest Intel Xeon D processors with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the VITA 3U OpenVPX form factor. Providing an extended temperature Intel Xeon D processor with 8 or 12 cores, the CHAMP-XD1 DSP processor has a peak performance of 410 GFLOPS or 576 GFLOPS respectively. This is coupled with 16 or 32 GB of high capacity DDR4-2133 with a bandwidth of >17 GBps per channel with two channels per processor.
For high speed data transport, the CHAMP-XD1 supports 1 Gigabit (Gb) or 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) interfaces along the OpenVPX control plane in addition to PCI Express Gen 3 on the data plane. The CHAMP-XD1’s XMC mezzanine site (designed for up to 25W of thermal dissipation) adds even more configuration flexibility, with a myriad of mezzanine cards available from both Curtiss-Wright and other industry vendors.
The CHAMP-XD1 DSP Processor Card is available in a range of ruggedized configurations to deliver optimal performance in the harshest deployed environments, including air-cooled and conduction cooled variants. There is also resident a core function field programmable gate array (FPGA) used for TrustedCOTS security and general purpose I/O in addition to a dedicated Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) FPGA used for system monitoring and health.
The CHAMP-XD1 is supported by a suite of firmware, Operating Systems (OS), communication Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and signal processing libraries. In particular, the OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite is Curtiss-Wright’s software environment of integrated OS with board specific drivers, optimized messaging and data movement middleware, and high performance computational libraries. Developers of mixed systems will find a common set of features and software interfaces for all future processing products from Curtiss-Wright.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- CHAMP-XD1 (VPX3-482) Product Sheet
- White Paper: Intel Xeon Cores Power High Performance and Low SWaP Complex Sensor Solutions
- White Paper: Deployable Core Counts Explode with Intel's Xeon D Processor
- White Paper: HPEC - High Availability by Design
- White Paper: Deploying HPC Tools into Embedded Software Development to Save Time and Money
- Article: Xeon-D and 3U VPX combine for cognitive EW
- 11/09/15 - Curtiss-Wright Announces New OpenVPX DSP Modules Optimized for Intel Xeon Processor D-1500 Product Family
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Intel Xeon D 8-Core (410 GFLOPS @ 1.6 GHz) or 12-Core (576 @ 1.5 GHz)
- Extended operating temperature Intel eTEMP SKUs
- PCH integrated in Xeon D SoC
- Native dual KR 10 GigE ports
- 16 to 32 GB DDR4 @ 2133 megatransfers per second (34 GB/s aggregate)
- XMC PCIe up to Gen3, designed for up to 25W thermal dissipation
- PCIe Gen3 on 3U OpenVPX data plane with switch
- Core Function FPGA with IPMI
- Conduction and air-cooled
- Multi-mode Radar
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)
- Signal Intelligence (SIGINT)
- Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR)
- Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Mission computing
- Industrial server applications
HPEC is Curtiss-Wright's application of High-Performance Computing technologies to the rugged COTS computing market. HPEC (High-Performance Embedded Computing) includes many of the same data flow...
A proven, fast, standards-based way to build embedded applications With the new generation of multi-core CPUs and GPUs as building blocks, embedded systems have become even more...
The OpenHPEC Commercial Development System (CDS) from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions enables you to rapidly kick start your software and system design for next-generation Aerospace and Defense...
The OpenHPEC Math Libraries are a key component of Curtiss-Wright’s OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite of best-in-class software development tools. These tools speed, simplify and lower the cost of...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.