VPX3-1258 3U OpenVPX Intel Core i7 Haswell SBC
The VPX3-1258 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the 4th Gen Intel Core i7 (Haswell) processor. Pin-compatible with our previous generations of Intel SBCs, the VPX3-1258 offers the highest performance Intel processing in the smallest 3U form factor.
The Intel Core i7 processor offers Quad-Core (8-thread) performance at 2.4 GHz. With up to 16 GB of dual-channel high-speed ECC-protected DDR3 memory, the VPX3-1258 SBC provides up to 25.6 GBps memory throughput, maximizing the capabilities of the processor. The processor also features AVX and AVX2 SIMD extensions, accelerating math-intensive algorithms. The Intel Core i7 processor includes an enhanced Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU, offering discrete GPU performance with OpenGL for graphics-intensive applications, and also serving as a 20-core GPGPU with performance up to 320 GFLOPS with OpenCL support for data processing-intensive applications.
With up to 32 GB of high-speed SATA flash memory, the VPX3-1258 3U VPX Intel Core i7 Single Board Computer is ideal for handling complex applications with demanding sensor processing requirements, or high-speed data processing, logging and storage needs.
The VPX3-1258 Haswell SBC also features high-speed PCIe Gen3 connectivity. The VPX backplane supports 8-lanes of configurable PCIe fabric, offering NTB and powerful DMA capabilities. A local XMC mezzanine site supports an independent 8-lane PCIe Gen3 bus directly to the processor. These features make the VPX3-1258 an ideal building block when architecting systems requiring processor expansion or when connecting multiple processor boards together to create a high performance embedded system for ISR processing.
The VPX3-1258 3U OpenVPX Intel Core i7 Single Board Computer is supported with an extensive suite of industry-standard operating systems such as Linux (Fedora and RHEL), VxWorks, and Windows WES7.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX3-1258 Intel Core i7 3U VPX SBC Product Sheet
- Dolphin PCIe Fabric Communications Library Data Sheet
- White Paper: Intel SBCs for Small to Mid-size ISR Applications
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software
- Intel SBC family fact sheet
- Application Note: Hosting User Interfaces with COTS Products - Embedded Graphics on Intel-based Single Board Computers
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Processor to Processor Communications with PCIe Non-transparent Bridging
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- White Paper: Introduction to Hypervisor Technology (Part 1)
- White Paper: Speeding Up Design Verification Testing of VPX Systems
- COTS Boards Brochure
- 3U OpenVPX™ form factor
- VITA 46, VITA 48, and VITA 65-compliant
- Supports MOD3-PAY-2F2T and -2F2U
- 4th Gen Intel Core i7 processor at 2.4 GHz
- Up to 16 GB DDR3 at 1600 MT/s
- Up to 32 GB SATA-based flash drive
- High Speed PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen3 connectivity
- 8-lane PCIe fabric supporting 1x8, 2x4 or 4x2 lane configurations with NTB and built-in DMA
- Support for PCIe Gen1 (2.5 GT/s), Gen2 (5.0 GT/s) and Gen3 (8.0 GT/s)
- XMC site for expansion capabilities
- PCIe Gen3 with 8-lanes to the CPU
- Backplane Pn6 I/O mapping of X24s+X8d+X12d per VITA 46.9
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)
- Dual independent GbE controllers supporting Base-T or Base-X (SerDes) ports
- Flexible I/O supporting combinations of:
- 8x discrete GPIO
- 2x RS-232 and 2x RS-422 serial ports
- 3x USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 optional)
- 2x SATA 3.0
- 1x VGA or 2x DVI or DisplayPort™
- 1x analog stereo audio port
- IPMI support for Health Management
- TPM support (optional)
- Software support for Linux® (Fedora™, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)), VxWorks®, and Microsoft Windows® WES7
The Flash Storage Module Carrier (FSM-C) provides rugged, removable, VITA 48.2 compliant, solid state storage in a 1” pitch, industry standard 3U VPX format. By providing a COTS storage solution,...
The 3U VPX (VITA 46 and 48.2) Flash Storage Module (FSM) provides high-performance, high-capacity, solid-state SATA storage with AES-256 bit encryption using Application Specific Integrated Circuit...
The Curtiss-Wright MPMC-9335 3U 3-slot embedded subsystem uses advanced packaging techniques to provide a quad core Intel Core i7 processor with NVIDIA Fermi GPGPU capabilities in a rugged...
Using the new generation of multi-core CPUs and GPUs as building blocks, embedded systems are becoming increasingly more complicated to develop and debug. To maximize performance on these embedded...
The VPX3-1257 rugged, high performance 3U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) is based on the Intel 3rd Generation Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) quad-core processor. The VPX3-1257 Intel Single Board...
The VPX3-131 3U OpenVPX Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) combines the performance and I/O capabilities of NXP's P4080 QorIQ Octal processor with an extensive I/O complement to provide...
The VPX3-133 3U VPX Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) is designed with the NXP QorIQ T2080 processor. The T2080 with its 4 dual threaded 64-bit Power Architecture cores, each equipped...
The VPX3-491 COTS GPU Application Accelerator / DSP card provides one NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU device in a 3U OpenVPX form factor. Based on industry-standard MXM modules, the VPX3-491 is...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.