VPX3-1259 3U VPX Intel Core i7 Broadwell SBC
The VPX3-1259 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the 5th Generation Intel Core i7 (Broadwell) processor. Pin-compatible with our previous generations of Intel SBCs, the VPX3-1259 offers the highest performance Intel processing in the smallest 3U form factor.
The Intel Core i7 processor offers Quad-Core (8-thread) performance with Turbo mode support. With up to 16 GB of dual-channel high speed ECC-protected DDR3 memory, the VPX3-1259 provides up to 25.6 GB/s memory throughput, maximizing the capabilities of the processor. The processor also features AVX and AVX2 SIMD extensions, accelerating math-intensive algorithms. The Intel Core i7 processor includes an enhanced Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (GT3e) GPU, offering discrete GPU performance with OpenGL for graphics-intensive applications, and also serving as a 40-core GPGPU with OpenCL support for data processing-intensive applications.
With up to 32 GB of high speed SATA flash memory, the VPX3-1259 3U OpenVPX Intel Single Board Computer is ideal for handling complex applications with demanding sensor processing requirements, or high speed data processing, logging and storage needs.
The VPX3-1259 also features high speed PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 connectivity. The VPX backplane supports eight lanes of configurable PCIe fabric, offering NTB ports and supporting 8-lane, 4-lane, and 2-lane port widths. A local XMC mezzanine site supports an independent 8-lane PCIe Gen3 bus directly to the processor. These features make the VPX3-1259 Intel SBC an ideal building block when architecting systems requiring processor expansion or when connecting multiple processor boards together to create a high performance embedded system for ISR processing.
The VPX3-1259 is supported with an extensive suite of industry-standard operating systems such as Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, and Microsoft Windows Embedded.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX3-1259 3U VPX Intel Core i7 Broadwell SBC Product Sheet
- Dolphin PCIe Fabric Communications Library Data Sheet
- White Paper: Get the Big Embedded Payoff - The 5th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software
- White Paper: Intel SBCs for Small to Mid-size ISR Applications
- White Paper: Tackling Defense Apps by Harnessing the Intel Core i7's Integrated GPU
- White Paper: Speeding Up Design Verification Testing of VPX Systems
- White Paper: Understanding Intel Processor Throttling for Defense Applications
- Application Note: Processor to Processor Communications with PCIe Non-transparent Bridging
- Application Note: Hosting User Interfaces with COTS Products - Embedded Graphics on Intel-based Single Board Computers
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Intel Core i7 Broadwell 5th Gen processor
- Quad-Core (8-thread) i7 with Turbo
- Up to 16 GB DDR3L at 1600 MT/s supporting 25.6 GB/s
- Up to 32 GB SATA NAND flash
- Supports XMC expansion mezzanine
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- Supports Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded
- General computing and mission processing
- High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) systems
- Multi-SBC systems for advanced processing and ISR applications
Using the new generation of multi-core CPUs and GPUs as building blocks, embedded systems are becoming increasingly more complicated to develop and debug. To maximize performance on these embedded...
The VPX3-1258 from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions is a high performance Single Board Computer (SBC) featuring the 4th Gen Intel Core i7 (Haswell) processor. Pin-compatible with our previous...
The VPX3-1257 rugged, high performance 3U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) is based on the Intel 3rd Generation Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) quad-core processor. The VPX3-1257 Intel Single Board...
The VPX3-530 combines high-speed analog input, user programmable FPGA processing and analog output in a single 3U VPX slot for direct RF wideband processing to 4Gsps. The scalable architecture is...
The VPX3-652 is a fully featured Layer-2 managed Ethernet switch designed to support advanced network architectures for the defense industry. The VPX3-652 3U VPX Ethernet Switch provides up to...
Enabling the vision of net-centric operations and extending the reach of transformational networks, the VPX3-683 Fireblade is a GbE multi-layer switch that is ideally suited for building...
The VPX3-685 is a fully-featured Layer-2/Layer-3 managed Ethernet router with a highly integrated security subsystem. Enabling the vision of Network Centric connectivity, the VPX3-685 Secure...
The XF07-516 is a rugged quad channel 250MSPS 16-bit digital receiver XMC. The ADC devices directly interfaces to a user programmable Xilinx FPGA which allows high performance processing such as...
The XF07-518 is a rugged quad channel 500MSPS 14-bit digital receiver XMC. The ADC devices are controlled by a user programmable Xilinx FPGA which allows high performance processing such as Digital...
The XF07-523 is a rugged Kintex-7 FPGA based XMC with digital IO. The combination of direct high-speed I/O ports and FPGA processing makes the XF07-523 ideal for demanding applications including...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.