VPX6-1959 6U VPX Intel Core i7 Broadwell SBC
The VPX6-1959 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel's powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform's high speed fabric interconnects. The VPX6-1959 supports Intel's 5th Generation Core i7 processor. Utilizing this advanced quad-core CPU and Curtiss-Wright's proven ruggedization technology, the VPX6-1959 excels in harsh environments, making it ideal for architecting high performance computing and processing systems utilizing DSP, GPGPU and FPGA modules, and/or multiple SBC processors.
With a high speed, dual-channel DDR3 memory subsystem connected directly to the processor supporting up to 32 GB SDRAM, the VPX6-1959 Single Board Computer is able to maximize the performance of the multiple processing and GPU cores and AVX2 floating-point processing units of the Core i7 processor. The Core i7 is also equipped with L3 cache, allowing it to process larger vectors at peak rates than previous processor technologies.
Up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash memory make the VPX6-1959 an ideal SBC for handling applications with demanding storage, data logging and sensor processing requirements.
The VPX6-1959 includes dual mezzanine sites - two XMC or one PMC and one XMC module - supporting a wide variety of mezzanine daughter cards.
For Data Plane connectivity, the VPX6-1959 VPX Intel SBC supports dual 40 gigabit fabric ports, supporting 10G and 40G Ethernet as well as InfiniBand SDR, DDR, QDR and FDR-10 (40G) modes. For Expansion Plane connectivity, the VPX6-1959 supports 16 lanes of PCI Express (PCIe), with flexible port configurations (1x16, 2x8, 4x4) and speeds up to Gen3 (8GT/s). Data can also flow from the VPX backplane to the XMC site to support demanding high bandwidth applications such as sensor and data processing or video/ graphics mezzanines. The VPX6-1959 supports a host of standard I/O including four independent Gigabit Ethernet ports, multiple RS-232, RS- 422, SATA and USB ports, discrete DIO, DVI and dual-mode DisplayPort and VGA, and analog audio ports. A wide range of popular operating systems are supported, including Linux (Fedora and RHEL), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard and LynxOS.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX6-1959 6U VPX Intel Core i7 Single Board Computer Product Sheet
- White Paper: Get the Big Embedded Payoff - The 5th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software
- COTS Hardware Supporting Wind River OSs Brochure
- White Paper: Massive SSD Storage on Intel Single Board Computers
- White Paper: Understanding Intel Processor Throttling for Defense Applications
- White Paper: Understanding HPEC Computing - The Ten Axioms
- White Paper: A Comparison of OpenVPX System Bandwidth Between Serial RapidIO and 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- White Paper: Fabric40 - An Introduction
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- Application Note: Hosting User Interfaces with COTS Products - Embedded Graphics on Intel-based Single Board Computers
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- White Paper: Introduction to Hypervisor Technology (Part 1)
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Intel Core i7 Broadwell 5th Gen processor
- Quad-Core (8-thread) Core i7 with Turbo
- Up to 32 GB DDR3L at 1600 MT/s supporting 25.6 GB/s
- Up to 128 GB SATA NAND flash
- Supports two PMC/XMC expansion mezzanines
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- Supports Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded and LynxOS
- High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) systems
- General computing and mission processing
- Multi-SBC systems for advanced processing and ISR applications
The VPX6-1958 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel's powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform's high speed fabric...
The VPX6-1957 is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX single board computer (SBC) based on the Gen3 Intel Core i7 processor. The VPX6-1957 is fully-featured 6U OpenVPX SBC, designed for harsh...
The VPX6-490 GP-GPU Application Accelerator provides two NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU devices on a 6U VPX board. Based on industry-standard MXM modules, the VPX6-490 is fitted with a pair...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
The CHAMP-AV9 combines the floating point performance of the Intel Core i7 processors, with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form-factor. Providing a pair of...
The CHAMP-AV8 6U OpenVPX digital signal processor (DSP) combines the floating-point performance of the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processors with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling...
The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions MPMC-965x family of 6U 5-slot systems are leading edge, flexible and rugged processing systems that can be readily configured to meet the needs of any military...
The MPMC-9H5x mission computer provides the highest functional density available in a small package. As a natural convection cooled system, the MPMC-9H5x mission computer is designed for reliable...
Curtiss-Wright's VPX6-684 FireBlade provides Systems Integrators with a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform...
The VPX6-6802 is a combined Data Plane and Control Plane high-performance switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. As part of the Curtiss-Wright Fabric40™ family of high-speed VPX...
Integrating FPGAs into any system can be challenging: from ensuring your boards will meet performance needs in the most rugged conditions to creating a basic framework that will last despite...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.