VME-184 VME SBC with NXP Power Architecture MPC8641/8640 Processor
The SVME/DMV-184 combines the performance and I/O capabilities of the NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture MPC8640 processor with an extensive I/O complement, resulting in a highly capable processing platform for a wide range of embedded military and aerospace applications.
The SVME/DMV-184 is based on the MPC8640 processor. The MPC8640 features in a single package one or two e600 cores, dual DDR2 memory controllers with ECC, PCI Express (PCIe) interfaces, Gigabit Ethernet controllers and serial I/O controllers. Available in single-core and dual-core versions with AltiVec and up to 2 GB of high bandwidth DDR2 SRAM, the SVME/DMV-184 provides high performance processing and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing. The SVME/DMV-184 I/O interfaces includes: EIA-232, EIA-422/485 serial, USB, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, SATA, SCSI, TTL and differential discrete I/O.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the SVME/DMV-184 is targeted to the challenging data and digital signal-processing needs of tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. For retrofit and technology insertion applications and as a member of our continuously evolving lineup of Power Architecture VME SBCs, the SVME/DMV-184 offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME including the SVME/DMV-179, 181, 182, 183 (pinout compatibility) supporting the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform's lifetime.
The SVME/DMV-184 occupies a standard 0.8" slot and may be used for upgrading existing VME systems in the same footprint.
The SVME/DMV-184 is supported with an array of software, which covers all facets of developing application code for the board. Users have the option of choosing to develop with a variety of operating systems and development tools including Wind River VxWorks, Wind River Linux, Green Hills INTEGRITY, and Lynx Software Technologies LynxOS.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with NXP 8640/8641 PowerPC processor
- Single or dual e600 cores at 1.0GHz
- 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- Full complement of I/O capability (Ethernet, SCSI, serial, USB 2.0, 1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discretes...,) including front panel Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Two 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- Single PCIe XMC site
- 2eSST-capable VME interface
- Continuum Software Architecture (CSA) firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
- Wind River VxWorks 5.5.1 and 6.7
- Wind River VxWorks 6.8 SMP
- Wind River Linux 3.0
- Continuum Vector Signal Processing Software
- INTEGRITY available from Green Hills Software
- LynxOS available from Lynx Software Technologies
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Latest VME version of Curtiss-Wright's backwards compatible with 17x and 18x series of single board computers
The Curtiss-Wright DSP function library, Continuum Vector, provides a comprehensive set of C-callable functions which have been optimized to exploit the performance of the SIMD instruction sets of...
The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions PMC-706/706A Graphics PMC is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) feature rich product designed for deployment in applications requiring ruggedization. This IEEE...
The VME-186 VME Single Board Computer is based on NXP's high-performance Power Architecture QorIQ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With four or eight Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz,...
The XMC-603 is Curtiss Wright Defense Solutions' next generation MIL-STD-1553 Mezzanine card. The XMC-603 XMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 into military and aerospace...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.