VME-186 VME SBC with NXP Power Architecture P4040/4080 Processor
The VME-186 VME Single Board Computer is based on NXP's high-performance Power Architecture QorIQ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With four or eight Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 8 GB of high bandwidth DDR3 SDRAM, the VME-186 SBC provides high-performance processing and a variety I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing. The VME-186 SBC's I/O interfaces include EIA-232, EIA-422/485 serial, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, SATA, TTL and differential and discrete I/O. The VME-186 includes two mezzanine sites capable of supporting an IEEE 1386 PMC or VITA 42.3 XMC module with 64-bits of Pn4 I/O backplane connectors, as per VITA 35.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the VME-186 is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. To cost-effectively address a diverse range of military and aerospace applications, the VME-186 is available in a range of air- and conduction-cooled ruggedization levels. All versions are functionally identical, with air-cooled versions (SVME) available in Curtiss-Wright ruggedization Levels 0 and 100, and conduction-cooled versions (DMV) in Levels 100 and 200.
With pinout compatibility with previous generations of Curtiss-Wright SBCs, the VME-186 makes it easy to upgrade to the next generation of processors. For retrofit and technology insertion applications and as a member of our continuously evolving lineup of Power Architecture VME SBCs, the SVME/ DMV-186 offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME including the SVME/DMV-179, 181, 182, 183, 184 and 194 (pinout compatibility) supporting the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform's lifetime.
The VME-186 is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright's standard U-Boot, Wind River VxWorks and Wind River Linux Board Support Package (BSP) and Driver Suites supporting both AMP and SMP operating modes. An INTEGRITY BSP is available from Green Hills Software.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- White Paper: Embedded High Assurance Computing Using NXP Trust Architecture
- White Paper: VME Single Board Computer Upgrade Guide
- White Paper: Data Protection with the QorIQ Platform Trust Architecture
- 03/28/13 - Curtiss-Wright Awarded Contract for Rugged Single Board Computers for next gen radar system
- SoftMap - Digital Mapping & Situational Awareness Visualization System Ready Application Factsheet
- Harris FliteScene Digital Map Product Sheet
- IData Human Machine Interface (HMI) SRA Factsheet
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with NXP (formerly Freescale) P4040/4080 Power Architecture processor
- QorIQ P4080 Communications Processor with eight Power Architecture processor cores, high-performance datapath acceleration logic, network and peripheral bus interfaces required for mil/aerospace applications
- 8 E500MC cores at up to 1.5GHz
- 4 or 8 E500MC Cores running up to 1.5Ghz
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- Full complement of I/O capability (Gigabit Ethernet, SCSI, serial (RS232/422/485 async/sync), USB 2.0, 1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discretes...,) including front panel Gigabit Ethernet connection
- Two 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- Two x8 PCIe XMC sites
- 2eSST-capable VME interface
- 8GB of solder NAND flash for integrated mass storage capability
- Curtiss-Wright U-Boot firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
- Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9 SMP
- Wind River Linux 4.x
- INTEGRITY available from GreenHills Software
- Designed for embedded harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- VME-186 is backwards compatible (features and pinout) with the Curtiss-Wright VME-179, 181, 182, 183, 184 and 194 SBCs
The VME-194 VME Single Board Computer (SBC) is designed for applications where low power with dual-core performance is a requirement. The VME-194 VME SBC is based on NXP's high-performance Power...
The SVME/DMV-184 combines the performance and I/O capabilities of the NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture MPC8640 processor with an extensive I/O complement, resulting in a highly capable...
Using one or two NXP (formerly Freescale) MPC7447A/7448 Power Architecture processors with AltiVec technology, and up to 1 GB of DDR1 SDRAM, the VME-183 Single Board Computer provides an ideal...
The XMC-715 high performance graphics controller XMC supports dual independent graphics outputs with a low level of complexity providing a high level of reliability. The XMC-715 XMC Graphics...
The XMC-603 is Curtiss Wright Defense Solutions' next generation MIL-STD-1553 Mezzanine card. The XMC-603 XMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 into military and aerospace...
The XMC/PMC-651 is a 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch packaged in the industry-standard XMC form factor. It is designed to support "in-chassis" networks with managed Layer-2 switching capabilities....
The SPMC/DPMC-601 PMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 and discrete digital I/O connectivity into military and aerospace embedded computing systems. As a member of our...
The PMC-429-CW is a product provided by AIT (Avionics Interface Technologies). The PMC-429-CW module is a rugged, reliable, full featured, PCI Mezzanine (PMC) module designed to provide a...
The XMC-FPGA05D high density I/O PMC/XMC module controlled by a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA and supported by a range of front panel I/O modules including analog I/O, RS-485/422, LVDS and...
Incorporating quad fiber-optic transceivers with a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA, the XMC-FPGA05F XMC/PMC module combines data processing and I/O in a single module. The FPGA is closely...
The XF07-523 is a rugged Kintex-7 FPGA based XMC with digital IO. Multiple digital data IO port are provided for front panel and XMC P6/PMC P4 IO. These IO ports are directly coupled to a Kintex-7...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.