VPX6-185 6U VPX SBC with Dual NXP Power Architecture 8640 Processors
The VPX6-185 NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) is one of a family of modules to employ the open-architecture VPX (VITA 46 VPX and VITA 65 OpenVPX) standards. VITA 46 and VITA 67 were collaboratively developed by COTS industry leaders which included prime military integrators to marry high-speed serial interconnects such as sRIO and PCIe. VPX is well suited to military and aerospace applications which can take advantage of and utilize this form factor and feature set. The VPX6-185 provides single board computer (SBC) functionality to the Curtiss-Wright VPX family that includes quad-processor DSP, FPGA accelerator and XMC/PMC carrier modules.
The VPX6-185 6U VPX SBC is based on the Power Architecture MPC8640/8641 processor. Available in single-core and dual-core versions with AltiVec and up to 2 GB of high bandwidth DDR2 SRAM, the VPX6-185 Power Architecture SBC provides high performance VPX processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the VPX6-185 is targeted to the challenging data and digital signal processing needs of tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the VPX6-185 VPX Power Architecture SBC offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME 18x SBCs.
The VPX6-185 VPX SBC occupies a standard 0.8" slot and may be used for upgrading existing VME systems in the same footprint. The VPX-185 provides a VME interface as well as OpenVPX data plane interfaces and hence can be used to bridge between older VME cards and OpenVPX cards. The VPX6-185 is also available in the VITA 48 (VPX REDI) format with covers to support two level maintenance LRM requirements. Air-cooled variants are delivered with 1" front panels.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VPX6-185 datasheet
- VPX6-185 6U VPX PowerPC SBC fact sheet
- RTM6-185 Rear Transition Module Product Sheet
- COTS Hardware Supporting Lynx Software
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with NXP 8640 Power Architecture processor
- Single or dual processor e600 cores at up to 1.33GHz
- Up to 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- Full complement of I/O capability (Ethernet, SCSI, serial, USB 2.0, 1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discretes)
- sRIO or PCIe dataplane
- Two 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- Dual VITA 42 XMC sites with 12 differential I/O pairs per site
- VPX/VPX-REDI formats with four 4-lane fabric ports, with some ports selectable to be either Serial RapidIO or PCI Express
- Continuum Software Architecture (CSA) firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
- Wind River VxWorks 6.7
- Wind River Linux 3.0
- Continuum Vector Signal Processing Software
- INTEGRITY available from Green Hills Software
- LynxOS available from Lynx Software Technologies
- MILS 2.0 available from Wind River
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
The VPX6-187 VPX Single Board Computer is based on the NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture QorIQ P4040/4080 SOC multi-core processor. Available in versions with 4 or 8 Power...
The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions PMC-706/706A Graphics PMC is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) feature rich product designed for deployment in applications requiring ruggedization. This IEEE...
XMC and IPM carrier card provides great flexibility to system integrators needing to expand their VPX-based systems' I/O complement via standard PMC modules and/or XMC modules. A direct PCIe...
The XMC-603 is Curtiss Wright Defense Solutions' next generation MIL-STD-1553 Mezzanine card. The XMC-603 XMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 into military and aerospace...
The XMC/PMC-651 is a 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch packaged in the industry-standard XMC form factor. It is designed to support "in-chassis" networks with managed Layer-2 switching capabilities....
The SPMC/DPMC-601 PMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 and discrete digital I/O connectivity into military and aerospace embedded computing systems. As a member of our...
Vortex VR-185 6U VPX Data Recorder for sRIO The VR-185 is a proven 6U VPX-based sRIO Data Recorder providing high data rate recording in I/O intensive applications. The VR-185 receives the sRIO...
The Curtiss-Wright DSP function library, Continuum Vector, provides a comprehensive set of C-callable functions which have been optimized to exploit the performance of the SIMD instruction sets of...
Real-time sensor based systems require status, control and bulk data movement to coexist within the same communication architecture. The Inter-processor Communication (Continuum IPC) Library...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.