VPX6-187 6U VPX SBC with NXP Power Architecture P4040/4080 Processor
The VPX6-187 VPX Single Board Computer is based on the NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture QorIQ P4040/4080 SOC multi-core processor. Available in versions with 4 or 8 Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 8 GB of high-bandwidth DDR3 SRAM, the VPX6-187 Single Board Computer provides high-performance processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
The VPX6-187 Single Board Computer features a large number of I/O interfaces including EIA-232, EIA-422/485 serial, USB, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, SATA, TTL and differential and discrete I/O. It is equipped with two mezzanine sites. One mezzanine is capable of supporting a IEEE 1386 PMC or VITA 42.3 XMC module with 64-bits of Pn4 I/O and 12-pairs of differential Pn6 I/O from that site to the backplane connectors as per VITA 46.9. The second mezzanine is designed to support only an XMC with maximum I/O providing 20 differential pairs and 38 single-end signals routed as per VITA 46.9.
The VPX6-187 occupies a standard 0.8" slot and is also available in the VITA 48 (VPX REDI) format with covers to support two level maintenance LRM requirements. Air-cooled variants are delivered with 1" front panels.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the VPX6-187 is targeted to the challenging data and digital signal-processing needs of tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the VPX6-187 offers a superset of the I/O features of the previous generation Curtiss-Wright VPX6-185 Power Architecture SBC. As a member of our continuously evolving stream of Power Architecture Single Board Computers including the SVME/DMV-179, 181, 182, 183, 184, and the VPX6-185, the VPX6-187 supports the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform's lifetime.
The VPX6-187 OpenVPX Single Board Computer is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright's standard U-Boot, Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9, Wind River Linux Board Support Package (BSP) and Driver Suites SMP operating modes. An INTEGRITY BSP is available from Green Hills Software. LynxOS-178 and LynxOS 7 support is available from Lynx Software Technologies.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
You May Also Be Interested in These Documents
- VPX 6-slot-chassis fact sheet
- White Paper: Data Protection with the QorIQ Platform Trust Architecture
- White Paper: Embedded High Assurance Computing Using NXP Trust Architecture
- Application Note: Options for Adding Ethernet Ports to Embedded Systems
- Application Note: I/O Expansion for COTS-based Embedded Systems
- 03/27/14 - Curtiss-Wright Selected for Recent Successful Project Missouri Flight Test Demonstration
- COTS Boards Brochure
- NXP QorIQ P4040/4080 Communications Processor with eight Power Architecture processor cores, high-performance datapath acceleration logic, network and peripheral bus interfaces required for mil/aerospace applications
- 8 E500MC cores at up to 1.5GHz
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- Full complement of I/O capability (Gigabit Ethernet, serial, USB 2.0, 1553, Serial ATA, TTL and differential discretes...,)
- One PMC/XMC sites supporting parallel PCI or PCI Express, P64S + X12D
- One x8 PCIe XMC site with full complement of XMC I/O, X8D+12D+38S
- One 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- VPX/VPX-REDI formats backwards compatible with Curtiss-Wright's VPX6-185
- Curtiss-Wright U-Boot firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and updated functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization functions
- Curtiss-Wright Wind River VxWorks 6.x SMP
- Curtiss-Wright Wind River Linux 4.x
- INTEGRITY available from GreenHills Software
- LynxOS-178B and LynxOS 7 available from Lynx Software Technologies
- MILS 2.1 available from Wind River
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Second generation VPX card in Curtiss-Wright's popular 18x series of VPX single board computers
The VPX6-185 NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture Single Board Computer (SBC) is one of a family of modules to employ the open-architecture VPX (VITA 46 VPX and VITA 65 OpenVPX) standards....
The XMC-715 high performance graphics controller XMC supports dual independent graphics outputs with a low level of complexity providing a high level of reliability. The XMC-715 XMC Graphics...
XMC and IPM carrier card provides great flexibility to system integrators needing to expand their VPX-based systems' I/O complement via standard PMC modules and/or XMC modules. A direct PCIe...
The XMC/PMC-651 is a 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch packaged in the industry-standard XMC form factor. It is designed to support "in-chassis" networks with managed Layer-2 switching capabilities....
The XMC-603 is Curtiss Wright Defense Solutions' next generation MIL-STD-1553 Mezzanine card. The XMC-603 XMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 into military and aerospace...
The SPMC/DPMC-601 PMC module allows customers to readily incorporate MIL-STD-1553 and discrete digital I/O connectivity into military and aerospace embedded computing systems. As a member of our...
The PMC-429-CW is a product provided by AIT (Avionics Interface Technologies). The PMC-429-CW module is a rugged, reliable, full featured, PCI Mezzanine (PMC) module designed to provide a...
The XMC-FPGA05D high density I/O PMC/XMC module controlled by a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA and supported by a range of front panel I/O modules including analog I/O, RS-485/422, LVDS and...
Incorporating quad fiber-optic transceivers with a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA, the XMC-FPGA05F XMC/PMC module combines data processing and I/O in a single module. The FPGA is closely...
The XF07-523 is a rugged Kintex-7 FPGA based XMC with digital IO. Multiple digital data IO port are provided for front panel and XMC P6/PMC P4 IO. These IO ports are directly coupled to a Kintex-7...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.