CHAMP-AV9/VPX6-463 6U OpenVPX Intel Core i7 4th Gen Digital Signal Processor Card
The CHAMP-AV9 combines the floating point performance of the Intel Core i7 processors, with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling features of the 6U OpenVPX form-factor. Providing a pair of quad-core 4th generation Core-i7 (Haswell) processors, featuring the updated AVX 2.0 instruction units and redesigned on-chip graphics execution units, the CHAMP-AV9 offers a 2-4X performance per size, weight and power improvement over previous DSP modules. A dual-channel 25 GB/s (each) DDR3 memory per CPU provides ample bandwidth to simultaneously serve CPU access and streaming I/O from the VPX backplane interfaces.
The Intel quad-core 4th generation core-i7 CPU's contain substantial improvements over previous generations of processors: Double the floating-point performance with a fused multiply-add AVX instruction, Ability to load two and store one operand per clock, L1 and L2 cache bandwidth doubled, Faster CPU clock, and substantially improved on-chip Graphics Execution Units. The CHAMP-AV9 specifically has been upgraded to DDR 1600 and rugged implementations will incorporate thermal management solutions that minimize throttling in the Curtiss-Wright benchmark L100 and L200 environments.
The CHAMP-AV9 incorporates the enhancements of the OpenVPX (VITA 65) standard with a complete suite of Data Plane, Expansion Plane, and Control Plane interfaces. With up to 14 GB/s of data plane fabric and 32 GB/s of expansion plane performance the CHAMP-AV9 has the bandwidth required to effectively harness the power of the processors.
The CHAMP-AV9 is supported with operating systems and development tools including VxWorks, Linux, and Gedae. Curtiss-Wright provides signal processing libraries and data movement middleware for message passing and bulk data transfers. The Continuum Insights suite of multi-processor development tools provides system management, development, and event viewing features to lower the cost of developing multi-core, multi-processor software.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- CHAMP-AV9 6U OpenVPX 4th Gen Intel Core i7 DSP Board Data Sheet
- White Paper: Tackling Defense Apps by Harnessing the Intel Core i7's Integrated GPU
- Case Study: Using Intel-based COTS for On-deck Optical Threat Detection
- OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite Quick Start Kit
- OpenHPEC Math Libraries Product Sheet
- OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite Product Sheet
- White Paper: Understanding HPEC Computing - The Ten Axioms
- White Paper: Addressing the Challenges of Lead-free Technology in Mil-Aero Electronics
- White Paper: High-performance Element Processing Architecture for Open Standards Radar Systems
- White Paper: Fabric40 - An Introduction
- COTS Boards Brochure
- Extreme numerical processing for DSP and general purpose applications
- Reduces size, weight, and power 2-4X over previous generations
- Seamless integration into HPEC systems including FPGA’s, GPGPU’s, Sensor I/O and Middleware
- 6U OpenVPX compliant
- Two Intel Core-i7 quad-core 4th generation processors
- 614-1318 GFLOPs peak computing performance
- 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC
- Four 40 Gb Ethernet Data Plane interfaces at an aggregate 112 Gbps
- Two 16-lane Gen3 PCI Express Expansion Plane interfaces
- Power management features
- TPM Support (optional)
- VxWorks BSP and Linux LSP
- Rugged air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
The CHAMP-AV5 multi-processing digital signal processor board combines the floating-point performance of the Intel Core i7 processor with the VME64x form factor. Using dual 2.53 GHz dual-core Core...
The CHAMP-AV6 Quad DSP engine utilizes the 6U VPX-REDI format to unleash the tremendous I/O bandwidth of its eight NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture MPC8640 processor cores (four 8640D...
The CHAMP-AV8 6U OpenVPX digital signal processor (DSP) combines the floating-point performance of the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processors with the substantial bandwidth and system-enabling...
Integrating FPGAs into any system can be challenging: from ensuring your boards will meet your performance needs in the most rugged conditions to creating a basic framework that will last despite...
HPEC is Curtiss-Wright's application of High-Performance Computing technologies to the rugged COTS computing market. HPEC (High-Performance Embedded Computing) includes many of the same data flow...
Using the new generation of multi-core CPUs and GPUs as building blocks, embedded systems are becoming increasingly more complicated to develop and debug. To maximize performance on these embedded...
The OpenHPEC Math Libraries are a key component of Curtiss-Wright’s OpenHPEC Accelerator Suite of best-in-class software development tools. These embedded software tools speed, simplify and lower...
The VPX6-1958 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel's powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform's high speed fabric...
XMC and IPM carrier card provides great flexibility to system integrators needing to expand their VPX-based systems' I/O complement via standard PMC modules and/or XMC modules. A direct PCIe...
The VPX6-490 GP-GPU Application Accelerator provides two NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU devices on a 6U VPX board. Based on industry-standard MXM modules, the VPX6-490 is fitted with a pair...
Curtiss-Wright's VPX6-684 FireBlade provides Systems Integrators with a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.