Continuum Interprocessor Communication (IPC) Library
Real-time sensor based systems require status, control and bulk data movement to coexist within the same communication architecture. The Inter-processor Communication (Continuum IPC) Library provides all the capabilities needed to control applications running on multiple processors having data movement requirements. The software hides the hardware architectural details from the application designer. For example, message passing functions send messages using the same application interface and parameters, whether the destination task resides on the same processor, same board, or any other board within the fabric. The hardware abstraction provided by Continuum IPC ensures that applications written for current generation processors and fabrics will be easily portable to the next generation. Depending on the board and fabric architecture, IPC uses Serial RapidIO® (sRIO), StarFabric, PCI Express® (PCIe) or PCI/X as on-board and/ or inter-board interconnects.
The library determines the location and end-point addressing for source and destination as applications open endpoints for input (receiving messages) or output (sending messages). With routing information stored within each processor, the software does not impose a single point of failure as would result from a centralized table of buffer or destination mapping information.
- High performance, low latency and easy-to-use messaging and data transfer capabilities
- Task-based communications between processor cores, processors on-board, or processors within a fabric
- Platform and fabric independence allow easy migration to emerging interconnect standards while architectural details are hidden
- Distributed design with no single points of failure
- Supports dynamic entry of nodes for high availability applications
- Dynamic name space management allows message endpoints and data buffers to be identified by application-determined names at run-time
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- High-performance, low latency message passing library POSIX-style application interface
- Message passing features priorities, time-outs, and copyless transfers
- Bulk data transfer from any processor’s memory to any other processor’s memory
- Memoryless signaling from any processor to any other processor
- Global buffer and global semaphore API
- Segmented block transfer capability supports memory striding, matrix manipulation and submatrix selection
- Support for multi-core processors
- Supported under VxWorks on CHAMP multi-processor boards, FPGA boards, and single board computers
The CHAMP-AV4 is the third generation of quad NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture DSP board with the QuadFlow architecture providing high bandwidth connections between four 7447A/7448...
The CHAMP-AV6 Quad DSP engine utilizes the 6U VPX-REDI format to unleash the tremendous I/O bandwidth of its eight NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture MPC8640 processor cores (four 8640D...
Utilizing a 6U VPX-REDI form factor, the CHAMP-FX2 FPGA-based computing platform harnesses the tremendous computing power of two Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGAs, combined with the high-performance...
The HPE720 high performance hybrid processing engine coupling two Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGAs with a dual-core NXP (formerly Freescale) Power Architecture MPC8640D. With its combination of high...
The VPX6-185 NXP Single Board Computer (SBC) provides functionality to the Curtiss-Wright VPX family that includes quad-processor DSP, FPGA accelerator and XMC/PMC carrier modules. The VPX6-185 6U...
The VPX6-6802 is a combined Data Plane and Control Plane high-performance switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. As part of the Curtiss-Wright Fabric40™ family of high-speed VPX...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.