Cougar 2 Radar Input & Scan Conversion
Cougar 2 is an open standards-based high performance solution for capturing, converting and mixing radar video, available as a turnkey product ready for deployment. The single-slot VME modular Cougar 2 system provides the complete functionality required to integrate and implement a wide range of radar input/scan conversion configurations for demanding, embedded military applications.
Users install the Cougar 2 into their system and attach radar, display and network interfaces, configuring, controlling and monitoring the system with the high-level RVL+ API. Curtiss-Wright has designed Cougar 2 to be customized to deliver the optimal price and performance balance required by each application.
An Eagle-2 PMC module supplies the Cougar 2’s radar video scan conversion function, supporting radar rotation rates of 90 rpm at up to 2048x2048 display resolutions. It allows display of multiple radar sources in PPI, A-Scan or B-Scan format. The DVI video input digitally combines these outputs with the customer’s graphics application.
The Cougar 2 features the Osiris radar interface card. Extensive off-the-shelf support is available for a wide range of radar input types, including ACP/ARP, RADDS, ASDE-3 and various parallel and serial azimuth formats. Osiris, which supports many legacy and modern radar types, features an onboard FPGA, high-speed PCI interface and two independent channels for high performance operation. The board accepts and processes analog and digital radar signals and provides a PCI interface to applications. Osiris supports one or two sets of trigger and turning data. It is designed to process two separate videos from two independent radars with their own trigger and turning data, or can process two radar videos from a single set of azimuth turning data and triggers.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Cougar 2 Radar Input & Scan Converter Product Sheet
- White Paper: Modern Radar Acquisition Scan Conversion and Tracking Products Build a Powerful Flexible and Cost Effective Multi-function Console Solution
- Case Study: Cougar 2 Integrated Radar Acquisition and Display System Challenge
- Complete solution for radar video acquisition and scan conversion
- Wide range of radar interfaces supported
- Can be tailored to provide the optimal price/performance balance for a specific application
- Comprehensive support for RVP and RVL+ software
- Self-hosted processing or network appliance mode
- Multi-function radar consoles
- Network radar video servers
- Radar plot extraction and tracking
- Airborne, naval and ground-based platforms
Cougar is an open standards-based high performance solution for capturing, converting and mixing radar video. Cougar is available as a VME card set or as part of a turnkey solution ready for...
Osiris is a high-performance, dual-channel radar interface board that accepts and processes analog and digital radar signals and provides a PCI interface to applications. Osiris comes from a long...
Eagle-2 is a high-performance radar scan converter from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions. Eagle-2 provides improved performance and support for high-resolution screen displays up to 2560 x 1600,...
Radar Video Processor (RVP) is a family of high-performance radar acquisition, tracking and distribution servers that are designed to address a broad range of radar processing requirements, from...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.