Fortress Imaging Multi Purpose Flight Recorder
Curtiss-Wright has been manufacturing crash protected recorders since 1957. It introduced the world’s first combined cockpit voice/flight data recorder (CVR/FDR) in 1986 and was also the first to obtain RTCA-DO-178 approval for solid state recorders. Today the Curtiss-Wright Fortress is an ED-112A compliant product in a lightweight and compact package.
Fortress provides a complete aircraft recording solution supporting parametric flight data at rates of 64/128/256/512/1024/2048/4096 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours, 4 channels of cockpit voice recording, CPDLC recording, image recording and cockpit display recording each for 2 hours minimum.
Fortress is designed in accordance with RTCA/DO-178C and RTCA/DO-254 and meets all current and anticipated FAA, EASA and EUROCAE requirements. The core Cockpit Voice Recorder and Datalink Recorder memory is expandable to support up to 25 hours recording capacity.
The Fortress is supported by dedicated Recorder Independent Power Supply, Cockpit Area Microphone, Cockpit Area Camera and Cockpit Control Unit. For dual recorder installations, the Cockpit Control Unit enables data distribution to two installed Fortress recorders.
Fortress may be attached directly to the airframe without the need for bulky equipment racks or anti-vibration mounts, thus lowering weight and subsequent operating costs. On-aircraft parametric flight data download is achieved in less than 45 seconds thanks to its high speed 1000Mbps Ethernet download link.
Fortress easily integrates with other systems to provide additional functionality such as
- Reachback capability for fast access to recorded flight data for FOQA/ FDM/FDAP Aircraft Performance and Engine Condition Trend monitoring programs
- High speed and license free flight data download at the gate
- Enhanced EMC/Lightning protection for high reliability – especially on composite aircraft
- 24/7 support line and AOG service
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Combined voice, data, datalink, image and display recording
- Stand-alone options available
- ED-112A compliant
- Compact and lightweight - 5.7 lb (2.6 kg)
- Voice and Datalink via ARINC 664 Pt 7
- Image data via 1000Mbps Ethernet
- On-board Maintenance System (OMS) via ARINC 664 Part 7 in ARINC 767
- Integrated web server with Ethernet interface
- 90 day Ultrasonic Locator Beacon
- Approval to ETSO-C123c, C124c, C176 and C177
- Crash protected recording
- Data storage within
- Aircraft performance monitoring
- Engine condition trend monitoring
Curtiss-Wright has been manufacturing crash protected recorders since 1957, was the first to bring a combined cockpit voice/flight data recorder (CVR/FDR) to market in 1986 and the first to obtain...
The CAMHD-C cockpit area camera is a high definition (HD) color camera designed to support image capture within the aircraft cabin. House in a robust aluminium fairing the CAMHD-C camera is...
Curtiss-Wright has developed the most versatile recorder available, in the most compact package, fully approved for current and anticipated requirements. On-aircraft download is achieved in less...
Effective Flight Operations and Quality Assurance (FOQA) programs are hard to implement. There is seldom a shortage of flight data but useful interpretation requires superior analysis and viewing...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.