SLX4000 Rackmount Physical Layer Switch
Single Slot Rackmount Physical Layer Switch
The SLX4000 Physical Layer Switch (PLS) is a managed, non-blocking, multipurpose cross-point switch for digital signals at speeds up to 10 Gbps. Any input can be switched to any output. The protocol or structure of data routed through the SLX4000 switch is ignored and passes through unaltered. As a result, the SLX4000 Physical Layer Switch can be used with many different types of networks and signals. The SLX4000 is a single-slot PLS that holds a single port card. Each port card handles 48 channels of I/O.
The SLX4000 switch comes equipped with hot-swappable power supplies, port cards and SFPs to allow users to quickly add or replace parts without impacting system up-time. A Compact Flash module acts as the switch's disk drive for the CPU and can be removed for security reasons. The SLX4000 Linux operating system, controlling firmware and nonvolatile port configuration data reside on the module.
The SLX4000 Physical Layer Switch is ideal for electronic patch panel, media conversion switching and test lab automation applications. It saves time, reduces errors, enables sharing of resources and provides media conversion.
Advantages of the SLX4000 include:
- Saves time by wiring once: connects all of your devices under test and makes topology changes via the user interface
- Automates tests and reduces errors: remotely changes topologies and runs scripts to reduce wiring and configuration issues
- Media conversion: brings in signals over copper and changes them to optical outputs
- Shares expensive resources/saves money: enables connection and sharing of valuable resources like analyzers, sniffers and data recorders
The SLX4000 system uses Curtiss-Wright's family of GLX port cards, which support a variety of serial data transmission standards including 1, 2, and 4 Gb/s fibre channel, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, serial FPDP and many other serial digital signals. The port cards are easy to swap, making the SLX4000 adaptable to many network-switching applications.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Manual: PLS Switch HW Manuals
- Tech Note 6009: Letter of Volatility for the SLX4000 Physical Layer Switch
- White Paper: PLS - How To Design Flexibility into a Rugged Deployed System
- White Paper: The Physical Layer Switch as a Media Converter
- White Paper: Simultaneous Processing & Recording of High-speed Sensor Data
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- Multi-protocol, multi-rate support
- Point-to-point (full or half duplex), multicast (1 to many), and loop (with auto loop feature) topologies
- Non-blocking, any input port to any output port or ports
- Hot swappable port cards, power supplies, and transceivers
- Media conversion copper-to-optical
- Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Supports unlimited GUI and CLI (Telnet or SSH) sessions
- Alias names for each port and for groups of portsMulti-protocol, multi-rate support
The modular design of the GLX/SLX port cards gives users unmatched flexibility. The port cards support a wide range of serial protocols including: 1/2/4/8 & 10 Gb/s Fibre Channel; 10 Gb/s...
The Curtiss-Wright GLX4000 Physical Layer Switch accepts up to three modular port cards with 48 ports per card, making them scalable. Both non-retimed and retimed port card versions are available...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.