Parvus DuraNET 1268 Rugged 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch, Lightly Managed
The Parvus DuraNET 1268 is a rugged Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switch subsystem equipped with ten (10) triple-speed 10/100/1000 Mbps ports for connecting IPv4 and IPv6 compatible sensors and computing devices onboard demanding tactical network-centric (un)manned vehicle and aircraft platforms. The unit has been qualification tested for extreme MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC and MIL-STD-810G thermal, shock, vibe, humidity, altitude, and ingress conditions, as well as RTCA/DO-160G airworthiness tests for low temperature and high altitude operation. Gigabit Ethernet interfaces are brought out over rugged MIL-DTL-38999 connectors on the front panel and optionally Tactical Fiber Optic Cable Assembly (TFOCA II) connectors on the rear. Managed and unmanaged switch configuration are available for configurable or "plug and play" Gigabit Ethernet LAN applications.
Designed for rugged extremes, this SWaP-optimized Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) solution is well suited for C4ISR technology refresh and situational awareness upgrade programs. To enhance reliability, the unit features no moving parts, a near cable-less internal design, all industrial temperature grade components, EMI filtering, and a sealed dust/ waterproof aluminum chassis with isolated MIL-STD-1275/704 power supply that protects against vehicle/aircraft voltage surges, spikes and transients.
The DuraNET 1268 features an onboard microprocessor for local/remote control and port monitoring, as well as support for Quality of Service (QoS) traffic prioritization, virtual local area network (VLAN) trunking, Telnet remote CLI management, and Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP) redundancy. To enhance security and system management, the unit integrates recoverable data zeroization capabilities for declassifying switch data, along with RS-232 Command Line Interface (CLI) and Ethernet management ports. Status LEDs indicate zeroization signal, power, and port link/speed/activity.
For fully managed GbE switching capabilities with higher port count, see the DuraNET 20-10 subsystem, which offers 20-ports of Layer 2/3 fully managed Ethernet switching in a chassis only 112 cubic inches in size.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Rugged COTS Switching & Routing Subsystems Primed for Netcentric Technology Refresh Upgrades
- White Paper: Choosing a Rugged Ethernet Switch/Router Solution
- 1268 Firmware Revision History & Compatibility Matrix
- Manual: DuraNET 1268 Hardware User Manual
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v5.0.2
- Software: 1268 Firmware Bootloader Code v1.0.1
- Manual: 1268 Firmware User Manual v4.1x
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v4.1f
- Software: 1268 Firmware Application Code v3.9f
- Manual: 1268 Firmware User Manual v3.9x
- Software: 1268 Firmware Initialization Code v0.3.c (see user manual for more info)
- Software: 1268 Firmware Bootloader Code v0.4.a
- Software: Windows PC Serial Update Program v0.0.4d
- Software: eflash.exe Ethernet Update Utility v0.5.a
- Manual: COM-1268 Firmware v5.0.x User Manual
- System Solutions Brochure
- Ethernet - 10 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet switch ports
- Management - 1 x RS-232 and 10/100 Ethernet management/console ports for configuration management
- Interfaces: MIL-DTL-38999 Copper Ethernet on front panel and optional Tactical Fiber Optic Media Assembly (TFOCA II) on rear
- Rugged Small Form Factor
- Only ~5 lbs Weight, < 4" Height; -40 to +71°C fanless extended temp
- Passively cooled aluminum chassis with no moving parts
- Ingress protection from sand, dust, water (IP67-like)
- Conformal coated boards for humidity and tin-whisker mitigation
- MIL-STD + DO-160 Qualified
- Environmental: tested to MIL-STD-810G (shock, vibration, temp, humidity, altitude, immersion), DO-160G (temperature, altitude)
- EMI: MIL-STD-461F (radiated, conducted emissions and susceptibility)
- Power: filtered, transient-protected power supply for MIL-STD-704F aircraft / MIL-STD-1275D vehicle use
- Unmanaged or lightly managed switch configurations
- Link speed, duplex mode, flow control on per-port basis; port monitoring
- RS-232 console with CLI
- Out-of-Band 10/100 Ethernet port, web browser GUI
- Telnet server (for remote CLI management over Ethernet)
- Port-based and 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- Class of Service (CoS) / QoS traffic prioritization; four traffic class queues; priority determined by port, 802.1p tagged frames, IPv4 TOS/Diff-Serv, IPv6 TC
- Redundancy/fault tolerance: Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Rapid STP
- Declassification: Data zeorization support for secure data
|PRV-1268-00||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch, lightly managed (10x copper)|
|PRV-1268-01||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch, lightly managed (10 x copper) - firmware 4.X (recommended for legacy customers only)|
|PRV-1268-11||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch (10 x copper), unmanaged|
|CBL-1927-01||Starter cableset - DuraNET 1268 Ethernet switch, MIL-C-38999 to RJ-45 and power|
|PRV-1268-02||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch (10 x copper, 4 x fiber) - TFOCA II|
|PRV-1268-03||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch (10 x copper, 2 x fiber) - TFOCA II|
|PRV-1268-12||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch (10 x copper, 4 x fiber) - TFOCA II, unmanaged|
|PRV-1268-13||DuraNET 1268, 10-port rugged Gigabit Ethernet switch (10 x copper, 2 x fiber) - TFOCA II, unmanaged|
|CBL-1927-02||Breakout cable for DuraNET 1268, mating TFOCA II to LC, 1 meter length (for 2 ports)|
The Digital Beachhead combines an Ethernet switch with a powerful Vehicle Management Computer to provide essential network services to ground vehicles. Housed in a small and lightweight rugged...
The Parvus DuraMAR 31-5915 is a rugged Cisco IOS-managed mobile router designed to extend enterprise networking infrastructure beyond the reach of traditional fixed-networks into mobile and...
Parvus DuraMAR 5915 MIL-STD Rugged Cisco 5915 Mobile IP Router Subsystem with Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The Parvus DuraMAR 5915 is a rugged Commercial-Off the Shelf (COTS) Cisco IOS-managed secure mobile network router integrating Cisco’s 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an ultra-rugged...
The Parvus DuraNET 10-10 is an IP67-protected rugged unmanaged Ethernet switch designed to provide local area network (LAN) connectivity to IP-enabled equipment, such as onboard computers, cameras,...
The Parvus DuraNET 1059 is a rugged small form-factor, unmanaged 5-port 10/100 Ethernet switch subsystem designed to provide local area network (LAN) connectivity to IPenabled computers and other...
The Parvus DuraNET 20-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch optimized for size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) sensitive embedded computer network applications....
The Parvus DuraNET 30-2020 is an ultra-rugged 19-port Cisco IOS-managed Layer 2+ network switch subsystem integrating Cisco’s ESS 2020 Embedded Services Switch technology with an isolated...
Parvus DuraNET 3000 Ruggedized Cisco IE-3000 L2/L3 Ethernet Switch, 8x/16x/24x 10/100 + 2x GigE Ports
The Parvus DuraNET 3000 is a ruggedized version of Cisco Systems’ IE-3000 industrial Ethernet switch, specifically hardened for use in demanding civil / military IP networking technology refresh...
Product Last Time Buy Notice - DuraNET 4948 The Parvus DuraNET 4948 is a ruggedized version of Cisco Systems' high performance Catalyst 4948E data center switch with forty-eight (48) downlink...
5-Port PC/104 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch, Unmanaged The Parvus PRV-1059 is a rugged VLAN-capable 5-port PC/104 Fast Ethernet switch featuring very low power consumption and highly...
The Parvus SWI-22-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch card optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) sensitive embedded military and civilian computer network...
The SMS-652 Rugged Ethernet SwitchBox is a powerful gigabit network switch designed for rugged commercial, industrial and military systems. Ideal for airborne, ground vehicles and space-constrained...
The SMS-684 Switchbox is a 28-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch packaged in a rugged stand-alone chassis. This Ethernet switch is designed for rugged applications with no active cooling components...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.