Parvus DuraNET 4948 Ruggedized Cisco 4948E Ethernet Switch, IOS Managed – 48+4 Ports
The Parvus DuraNET 4948 is a ruggedized version of Cisco Systems' high performance Catalyst 4948E data center switch with forty-eight (48) downlink and four (4) uplink ports in a hardened 2U chassis qualified to meet MIL-STD-810 environmental and MIL-STD-461 EMI requirements. This powerful, multilayer switch enables demanding military and civil IP networking technology refresh programs to leverage the best that Cisco switching technology has to offer, but in a ruggedized 19" rack mount solution suitable for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) applications.
This rugged Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) switch system extends the application use of industry-leading Cisco hardware through mechanical enhancement that support deployment of data and multimedia services in wider thermal, shock, vibration, altitude, and humidity conditions than offered by the standard commercial Cisco version. The DuraNET 4948 integrates redundant aircraft-grade power supplies, internal heaters, enhanced heatsinking, and upgraded cooling fans with efficient front-to-back chassis airflow management to reduce data center operating costs (by separating the inlet cold air and exhaust hot air).
Suitable for demanding military ground vehicle, aircraft, and maritime installations, the DuraNET 4948 comes equipped with rugged MIL-38999 connector interfaces, bringing out a total of 48 Gigabit Ethernet downlinks, plus three 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (2 Copper/1 Fiber) and a Gigabit Fiber uplink. The unit features Cisco’s full-featured Enterprise Services IOS software image with the advanced Quality of Service (QoS), high availability, security, and manageability that customers expect from Cisco for critical data center architectures. Advanced Layer 3 routing protocol support (i.e. BGP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS), 3DES encryption and network management tools (AutoInstall, Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager) are also supported.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Ruggedizing Cisco Ethernet Switches for Tactical Military Networking Requirements
- White Paper: Choosing a Rugged Ethernet Switch/Router Solution
- Manual: DuraNET 4948 User Manual
- Commercial Cisco Catalyst 4948 E/F Switches Datasheet
- IOS Image Feature List - Enterprise Services with Crypto Support for Catalyst 4948E (as provided by Cisco Feature Navigator tool)
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- Cisco Technology
- Ruggedized Version of Cisco Catalyst 4948E Ethernet Switch with Best-in- Class Enterprise Services IOS Software, Advanced QoS, IPv6 Support, Advanced Routing Protocols, BGP, 3DES
- High Performance
- Non-Blocking 176-Gbps Aggregate Throughput
- Large 17.5 MB Shared Buffer Optimized to Handle Microbursts
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) with 8 Queues/per Port
- Data Center Server Virtualization Support for Larger Layer 2 Domains
- Downlinks: 48x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Uplinks: 2x 10Gig Ethernet; 1x 10Gig and 1x 1 Gig Multi-Mode Fiber
- Management: 1x RS-232 Serial Console, 1x 10/100 Management
- Transient-Protected Power Supply for MIL Aircraft / Vehicle Use
- Qualified to meet MIL-STD-810 Thermal, Shock, Vibration, Altitude, Humidity, Conditions
- Qual Tested to MIL-STD-461 for EMI/EMC Conducted and Radiated Emissions and Susceptibility
- Rugged 2U, Aluminum Chassis with Front-to-Back Airflow
- Circular MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors for Reliable Network Connections
- Conformal Coated Boards for Humidity and Tin-Whisker Mitigation
|DUNET-30-4948-01||DuraNET 4948, Ruggedized Cisco 4948E Switch, 48+4 Ports|
|CBL-4948-01||Starter Cable Set for DuraNET 4948, MIL-38999 to RJ-45/Fiber|
The Digital Beachhead combines an Ethernet switch with a powerful Vehicle Management Computer to provide essential network services to ground vehicles. Housed in a small and lightweight rugged...
The Parvus DuraMAR 31-5915 is a rugged Cisco IOS-managed mobile router designed to extend enterprise networking infrastructure beyond the reach of traditional fixed-networks into mobile and...
Parvus DuraMAR 5915 MIL-STD Rugged Cisco 5915 Mobile IP Router Subsystem with Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The Parvus DuraMAR 5915 is a rugged Commercial-Off the Shelf (COTS) Cisco IOS-managed secure mobile network router integrating Cisco’s 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an ultra-rugged...
The Parvus DuraNET 10-10 is an IP67-protected rugged unmanaged Ethernet switch designed to provide local area network (LAN) connectivity to IP-enabled equipment, such as onboard computers, cameras,...
The Parvus DuraNET 1059 is a rugged small form-factor, unmanaged 5-port 10/100 Ethernet switch subsystem designed to provide local area network (LAN) connectivity to IPenabled computers and other...
This product is not recommended for new design projects. Please consider the Parvus DuraNET 20-10 or DuraNET 20-11 switches as a migration path. The Parvus DuraNET 1268 is a rugged Layer 2...
The Parvus DuraNET 20-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch optimized for size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) sensitive embedded computer network applications....
The Parvus DuraNET 30-2020 is an ultra-rugged 19-port Cisco IOS-managed Layer 2+ network switch subsystem integrating Cisco’s ESS 2020 Embedded Services Switch technology with an isolated...
Parvus DuraNET 3000 Ruggedized Cisco IE-3000 L2/L3 Ethernet Switch, 8x/16x/24x 10/100 + 2x GigE Ports
The Parvus DuraNET 3000 is a ruggedized version of Cisco Systems’ IE-3000 industrial Ethernet switch, specifically hardened for use in demanding civil / military IP networking technology refresh...
5-Port PC/104 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch, Unmanaged The Parvus PRV-1059 is a rugged VLAN-capable 5-port PC/104 Fast Ethernet switch featuring very low power consumption and highly...
The Parvus SWI-22-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch card optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) sensitive embedded military and civilian computer network...
The SMS-652 Rugged Ethernet SwitchBox is a powerful gigabit network switch designed for rugged commercial, industrial and military systems. Ideal for airborne, ground vehicles and space-constrained...
The SMS-684 Switchbox is a 28-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch packaged in a rugged stand-alone chassis. This Ethernet switch is designed for rugged applications with no active cooling components...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.