Parvus DuraCOR 8043 Rugged Modular Mission Computer with 6th Gen Mobile Intel Xeon
The Parvus DuraCOR 8043 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) modular mission computer subsystem based on a quad-core (8-thread), 6th gen “Skylake” Intel Mobile Xeon E3 v5 processor with PCI Express (PCIe) Mini Card slots and a PCIe/104 bus architecture to support platform-specific add-on I/O module rapid integration with no/low NRE expense. Optimally designed for size, weight, and power (SWaP)-sensitive mobile, airborne, ground, manned/unmanned vehicle and sensor applications, the DuraCOR 8043 combines powerful graphics and multi-core processing with ultra-reliable modular, mechanical robustness in a fanless IP67 design (dust and waterproof) optimized with ECC memory support for demanding civil and military platforms. Featuring a powerful Intel Iris Pro Graphics GPU, the unit provides OpenGL support for graphics-intensive applications (potentially eliminating need for discrete graphics cards), along with a 72-core GT4e GPGPU with OpenCL support for data processing-intensive applications. The unit has qual testing pending to extreme MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461G, MIL-STD-1275D, MIL-STD-704F and RTCA/DO-160G conditions for environmental, power and EMI compliance.
Delivering new capabilities for C4ISR, image processing and surveillance applications, the DuraCOR 8043 delivers high performance computing and graphics engines with numerous integrated I/O interfaces (2 x display outputs, 2 x GbE network interfaces, 2 x USB 3.0 interfaces, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, 5 x COM ports, audio, GPIO and eSATA) and flexible I/O expansion capabilities for additional mission-specific payloads. The base 8043 system supports two Mini-PCIe I/O slots with pre-routed pins going to external DTL-38999 connectors for optional avionics databus interfaces (MIL-STD-1553/ARINC 429) or other COM, DIO, analog, network or video modules (i.e. HD-SDI video capture, H.264 video encoder, NTSC/PAL frame grabber). One Mini-PCIe slot can alternatively support mSATA Flash storage, if two internal SSDs are required (a dedicated mSATA slot is also supported). Optional interlocking, add-on I/O expansion segments pre-fitted with MIL-DTL-38999 connectors support modified COTS (MCOTS) variants with application-specific PCIe/104 I/O cards. For high capacity (multi-Terabyte) or removable data storage, optional single/dual-slot 2.5” SATA SSD add-on segments with traditional or high-mating cycle SATA interfaces (rated up to 100,000 insertions) are available to meet demanding information assurance or mission requirements. Curtiss-Wright offers no/low-NRE application engineering services to pre-integrate Mini-PCIe modules (in the base system) and PCIe104 I/O modules (into addon I/O expansion segments). These quick-turn MCOTS variants can reduce cost, schedule, and risk for system integrators.
The DuraCOR 8043 mission computer is completely sealed, requires no active cooling nor cold plate, and includes a military-grade power supply supporting aircraft (MIL-STD-704F, DO-160G) and ground vehicle (MIL-STD-1275D) voltages with capabilities for optional 50/200 ms power hold-up and N+1 failover redundancy.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Cross Domain Computing Platform Product Sheet
- Parvus DuraWORX 8043 Computing and Networking Subsystem Product Sheet
- White Paper: Small Form Factor (SFF) Mission System Modularity Enables Choice of Distributed or Consolidated Architectures
- White Paper: Leveraging Modular Open System Architecture for Modified COTS
- System Solutions Brochure
- 6th gen Mobile Intel Xeon E3 v5 processor with 32 GB ECC DDR4 memory
- Quad-core (8-thread) E3-1515M v5 at 2.8 GHz with turbo up to 3.7 GHz
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580 GPU (GT4e)
- Low-SWaP IP67 rugged chassis with Mini-PCIe and PCIe104 I/O card expansion
- Rugged removable 2.5” SATA SSD option (rated for 100K insertion cycles)
- 28 VDC MIL-1275/704 and DO-160 power supply with transient protections and 50/200 ms hold-up, redundancy options
- MIL-STD-810G, DO-160G, MIL-STD- 461G qualification (EMI, thermal, shock, vibration, altitude, humidity, etc.)
- Modular mechanical design with MIL-DTL-38999 circular connectors
- Civil and military in-vehicle and airborne mission computing
- Multi-core fanless x86 embedded processor for SWaP-sensitive platform
- Fixed and rotary wing (un)manned aircraft
- Tactical ground vehicles
- Outdoor and underground platforms
- C4ISR technology refresh and LRU upgrades
The Parvus DuraWORX 8043 is an ultra-rugged multi-function computing and networking system that combines a high performance 6th Gen “Skylake” Intel Mobile Xeon E3 v5-based mission processor and...
SWaP-Optimized Tactical Mission Computer Subsystem The Parvus DuraCOR 8042 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) modular mission computer subsystem based on a quad-core (8-thread), 5th gen...
The Parvus DuraNET 20-10 is a rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Gigabit Ethernet switch optimized for size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) sensitive embedded computer network applications....
The Parvus DuraNET 20-11 is an ultra-small form factor (SFF) rugged Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) 8-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch optimized for extremely demanding size, weight and power...
The Parvus DuraNET 30-2020 is an ultra-rugged 19-port Cisco IOS-managed Layer 2+ network switch subsystem integrating Cisco’s ESS 2020 Embedded Services Switch technology with an isolated...
Parvus DuraMAR 5915 MIL-STD Rugged Cisco 5915 Mobile IP Router Subsystem with Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Switch
The Parvus DuraMAR 5915 is a rugged Commercial-Off the Shelf (COTS) Cisco IOS-managed secure mobile network router integrating Cisco’s 5915 Embedded Services Router (ESR) card in an ultra-rugged...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.