PVDU Mission Displays
Curtiss-Wright's new generation of small form factor rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass and dual mode night vision imaging system (NVIS) compatible LED backlighting to ensure anytime readability, and a rich feature set including an optional powerful embedded processor, external video input capability and full touchscreen operation.
The PVDU mission displays address a wide variety of applications and are targeted at ground, airborne and naval platforms. Fully qualified to established environmental standards, it is designed for use on platforms where size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C) are primary considerations and where the combination of a powerful embedded processor and high-definition high-brightness display with NVIS capability provides unparalleled flexibility in a small footprint.
The displays provide a full set of external interfaces including Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), USB 2.0/3.0 ports, serial interfaces and GPIO. With a range of processor options from Atom to Core i7, the displays can run demanding applications including real-time video decompression and display, moving maps and mission computing.
With a versatile embedded processor and built-in graphics capability, the displays allow customer-written code to define every aspect of operation, including the ability to define soft keys within the display area activated by touchscreen control. The bezel keys along the bottom support the core functions of power on/off and brightness, with the remaining keys being available for customer-defined actions. The displays come standard with a five wire resistive touchscreen and can be customized to operate with today's leading digital moving maps. Additionally, the PVDUs have multiple control interfaces available to communicate with peripheral equipment, including USB, Ethernet and RS-422/232.
Night Vision Goggle (NVG) filtering of the display area to MILSTD-3009 NVIS B is supported as a standard feature. The display is fitted with a dual-LED light source using white LEDs for full color daylight operations to achieve very high brightness for sunlight readability, and NVG-filtered LEDs at low levels for NVG operations, ensuring the display can be read in any light conditions. All front-panel LEDs and key backlighting are NVG-filtered. The brightness of the bezel lighting is controlled along with the brightness control of the display, but can be customized to connect to a lighting bus.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- AVDU Rugged Mission Displays Product Sheet
- Case Study: Managing High-Definition Video for a Police Surveillance Application
- Video Management Systems for Law Enforcement Applications
- Video Management Systems for Light Utility Helicopters Applications datasheet
- White Paper: Video Management Systems Support Services
- White Paper: The Benefits of Integrated Video Management
- White Paper: High Definition Video Management Systems for Airborne Applications
- Small Form Factor Solutions Guide
- Case Study: Integrating Sensors and Moving Maps in a Video Management System
- Electronic Systems Brochure
- High brightness; anytime readability
- NVG compatible dual LED backlight
- Optional Intel embedded processor
- Circular polariser
- AG coating
- Highly configurable and field upgradeable
- Fully ruggedized and sealed unit
- Curtiss-Wright VMS compatibility
- Small video systems that require a computer and display combined into a single unit
- Airborne surveillance
- Energy/utility cable inspection
- Situational awareness
- Ground vehicles
- Naval platforms
Curtiss-Wright’s AVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass and dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and a rich...
The GVDU family of displays are a line of low cost LCD mission displays, developed for the ground vehicle market, from decades of industry-leading experience in reliability and ruggedization....
Curtiss-Wright’s SVDU range of rugged mission displays offers a unique combination of new technology, including optically-bonded glass, dual mode NVIS-compatible LED backlighting, and full...
A Curtiss-Wright Video Management System (VMS) offers a complete integrated video solution for airborne and ground platforms. A VMS includes rugged displays, video distribution and recording...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.