VRD1-CC All-in-One Video System
The VRD1-CC video management system is a fully HD-capable turnkey solution for video format conversion, scaling and switching. These functions are complemented by video compression, recording and network distribution. As the hub of a video-centric system, the VRD1-CC system is controlled over Ethernet from either a supplied API or a browser-based GUI.
The VRD1-CC video system supports, as standard, 18 video input channels (six each of HD-SDI, RGB/DVI, CVBS) and 12 video outputs (6 each of HD-SDI, RGB/DVI). Any input can be routed to any number of available outputs as a result of high quality format conversion and the VRD1-CC's internal video switch. The number and type of video inputs and outputs and the number of compression channels can be scaled in customer-specific versions permitting the VRD1-CC video system to be optimized for a very wide variety of applications.
The VRD1-CC can store video on internal SSDs and can also stream video on the Ethernet ports. In order to maximize the number of channels of video that can be distributed over an Ethernet connection and to maximize the number of hours of video that can be recorded to disk, the VRD1-CC compresses the video with an industry-standard MPEG4 Part 10 (H.264) compression algorithm. The user can control the compression parameters to attain the optimal balance of data rate and visual quality.
The VRD1-CC records video with audio and metadata with a set of enhanced capabilities described in the datasheet. Video recorded using the VRD1-CC video system can be replayed by any H.264 media player that supports MKV format files; support for more advanced VRD1-CC recording options including synchronized multiple-channel playback and event navigate requires playback through another VRD-type unit.
In order to support Ethernet-based network in addition to video network, the VRD1-CC can optionally be equipped with Network Attached Storage (NAS) capability and PCAP recording capability. With the NAS option, the VRD1-CC can be used to store/retrieve files using industry standard protocols (NFS, CIFS, FTP, HTTP, PXE). With the PCAP option, all Ethernet traffic can be saved for later analysis with programs like WireShare.
Supplied as a sealed rugged unit, the VRD1-CC video system is suitable for deployment into harsh environments. An example use case is shown in the datasheet and use cases are available.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- VRD1-CC Rugged Video Switch, Recorder & Distribution System Product Sheet
- Removable Memory Cartridge (RMC) Product Sheet
- White Paper: Reduce SWaP and Centralize Control in a Video-Centric System
- Case Study: Small Fixed-Wing Aircraft ISR Video System
- Case Study: Airborne ISR Video-Centric & Network-Centric Systems
- Case Study: Video Distribution System for Search and Rescue Helicopter
- Video Management Systems for Law Enforcement Applications
- Video Management Systems for Light Utility Helicopters Applications datasheet
- White Paper: The Benefits of Integrated Video Management
- Case Study: The Use of Virtualization in Embedded Systems
- White Paper: High Definition Video Management Systems for Airborne Applications
- System Solutions Brochure
- 18 video inputs comprising:
- Six ports each selectable between RGB and single-link DVI
- Six ports of HD-SDI (with 3G-SDI support planned)
- Six ports of CVBS (PAL/NTSC)
- 12 outputs comprising:
- Six ports each selectable between RGB and single-link DVI RGB progressive formats only
- Six ports of HD-SDI
- Audio line-level differential mono:
- four inputs
- four outputs
- Video compression
- Up to six channels (as three pairs)
- Each pair of channels can be configured for compression (record) or decompression (replay)
- MPEG4 Part 10/AVC: H.264 constrained baseline profile (CBP) up to L4.2 4:2:2 YUV video coding down-sampled to 4:2:0
- Support for "i-frame only" compression
- Internal removable SSDs
- Network- attached storage
- I/O and Utility Interfaces
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two SATA ports routed to removable storage bays
- Two USB2 ports for maintenance and optional local keyboard/mouse attachment
- Two general-purpose input and two output lines
- Control bus RS-232 and RS-422 interfaces
- Analog RGB output for diagnostics and optional local control
- All I/O uses MIL-C38999 connectors
- Width: 345mm (including mounting flanges)
- Height: 135mm
- Depth: 290mm (including connectors)
- Mass: Less than 10kg (exact figure depends upon configuration)
- Qualification data
- Environmental qualification to DO-160F and STANAG 2895 standards
- EMC/electrical qualifications to DO-160F, MIL-STD-461F and CEI 61000-4-52 standards
- The COTS VRD1-CC is ITAR-free.
The Removable Memory Cartridge (RMC) was specifically designed for use in deployed, rugged applications. Based around industry standard 2.5" SATA Solid State Drives (SSD), the RMC is scalable and...
A Curtiss-Wright Video Management System (VMS) offers a complete integrated video solution for airborne and ground platforms. A VMS includes rugged displays, video distribution and recording...
The VRD1-AC is a breakthrough in video management that permits scalable and flexible video configurations in a 19" rack. The VRD1-AC video management system offers an unbeatable combination of...
The XMC-280 provides real-time JPEG2000 compression of two video channels at resolutions up to 1920x1200 pixels at 60Hz. This state-of-the-art capability makes it ideal for high-definition video...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.