VRDV-5004 HD DZUS CompactFlash
The VRDV-5004-01 is a compact, lightweight, high definition video recorder. It features a unique CompactFlash-based design with playback during flight. The VRDV-5004-01 video recorder offers a solid-state design, providing superior performance in extreme temperatures and high g forces, constructed in rugged all aluminum with simplified DZUS fasteners.
This variant of the HD recorder has the exact same functions as the original VRDV-5002 model, but incorporates a shorter chassis for installations where depth behind the console is limited.
Operating with low power demands, the VRDV-5004 video recorder is an efficient, well equipped solution that features HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs. It is designed to record to affordable CompactFlash cards and provides file-based, tapeless workflow and storage.
The system's packaging is interchangeable with the VRDV-3000 series recorders. Without the need to rewind, the VRDV-5004 provides instant playback of any clip. It facilitates easy file transfer to Blu-Ray Disc (BD) for playback on any media PC, and it offers low bit rate, high compression, minimizing mission storage requirements. The system is fitted with a professional CODEC to produce the highest quality video compression.
Audio capabilities of the VRDV-5004 include 24-bit/48K audio with embedded or analog inputs and line level output. The analog audio input is available with one balanced mic, two unbalanced mics or two (consumer) line levels. Comprehensive non-linear editing (NLE) is supported by professional editors including Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius, Vegas and Premiere.
Recording is done with up to two CompactFlash cards. When one card fills, the recording seamlessly switches to the second card. Recording bit rates are set at the factory with the default setting at 35 MB/s. Recording time varies by bit rates, from 40 minutes for one 32 GB card at 100 MB/s to 210 minutes for one 32 GB card at 19 MB/s.
The system comes with free PC playback software. The Lexar FW-800 USB CF high-speed reader is recommended. The system performs at download speeds of 3x to 6x with metadata support.
The VRDV-5004 HD DZUS CompactFlash video recorder exemplifies Curtiss-Wright's technology leadership in the development of rugged electronic modules and systems for a wide range of defense applications. We partner with customers to successfully integrate highly engineered technology solutions into their applications such as C4ISR systems, unmanned subsystems, mission computing, fire control, turret stabilization, and recording and storage platforms. We deliver our customers further, long-lasting value through comprehensive program management and life-cycle support services.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Case Study: Integrated Video Management and Digital Mapping Systems Increase Mission Effectiveness
- White Paper: High Definition Video Management Systems for Airborne Applications
- Video Management Systems for Law Enforcement Applications
- White Paper: Video Management Systems Support Services
- Video Management Systems for Light Utility Helicopters Applications datasheet
- White Paper: The Benefits of Integrated Video Management
- Case Study: Managing High-Definition Video for a Police Surveillance Application
- System Solutions Brochure
- High Definition Recorder
- Small, lightweight, low-power with HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Smallest professional quality HD/SD recorder player
- Outstanding video/tapeless workflow/low-cost media
- Unique CompactFlash based design
- Records to affordable CompactFlash cards providing: file-based tapeless workflow and storage
- Solid-state design provides performance in extreme temperatures and high g, in a rugged all aluminium construction with simplified Dzus fasteners
- Packaging interchangeable with the VRDV-3000 series recorders
- Instant playback of any clip, no need to rewind
- Low bit rate high compression for minimized mission storage requirements
- Simple file transfer to Blu-Ray Disc (BD) for playback on any media PC
- Fitted with a professional CODEC for the highest quality video compression
- HD and SD SDI serial video inputs
The VDSU-1420 high-definition video distribution unit easily integrates into the Curtiss-Wright video management system solutions product line. With the use of HD-SDI signals from airborne EO...
A Curtiss-Wright Video Management System (VMS) offers a complete integrated video solution for airborne and ground platforms. A VMS includes rugged displays, video distribution and recording...
The VRDV-3500 is a lightweight, DZUS mounted video recorder utilizing the latest flash disk recording technology to deliver high quality, full PAL video resolution recording. The VRDV-3500 rugged...
The VRDV-4000 is a lightweight, DZUS mounted video recorder utilizing the latest FLASH disk recording technology to deliver high quality, full PAL video resolution recording. The VRDV-4010 rugged...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.