The KAD/ADC/116 is used to condition and digitize up to 12 accelerometer-type input channels. Each of these channels has a constant current source.
- 12 accelerometer input channels with DC-reject
- Ordering Input range (1V, 10V)
- Accuracy 0.4% FSR max. at 10Hz
- Constant current source excitation on each channel (3.6mA typical)
- Short on any channel does not affect others
- 16-bit simultaneous sampling on each channel
- Up to 12 k samples per second per channel
- Up to 3 kHz Bandwidth (AAAF filter)
- Accelerometer signal conditioning and digitalization
- Suitable for ICP, Isotron, Piezotron, and Deltatron sensors
- AC coupled voltage measurement
KAD/ADC/116 12 channel Accelerometer ADC
The KAD/ADC/116 is used to condition and digitize up to 12 accelerometer-type input channels. Each of these channels has a constant current source and AC coupled (DC-reject) inputs for use with integrated charge-amp piezoelectric accelerometer devices.
At the heart of the KAD/ADC/116 is a hard-wired state machine that over-samples all channels at a rate between 48 ksps and 96 ksps and digitally filters any noise above the user-programmable cutoff frequency. This is achieved using cascaded, half-band, Finite-Impulse-Response (FIR) filters followed by an 8th order Butterworth IIR filter with a default cutoff point set at one-quarter of the sampling frequency (fc = fs/4).
All signals are sampled simultaneously. This means that even when several channels are sampled at different sampling rates, the sample at the start of the acquisition will always be synchronized.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.