The KAD/MDC/103 interfaces to multiplexed analog signals such as those from analog pressure scanners like the ESP-16HD & ESP-64HD.
- Two differential ended temperature channels and two differential ended pressure channels
- Support for two 64-channel external multiplexers with 5V or 12V logic
- Programmable range on input channels
- Provides fourth-order polynomial correction of scanner output voltage
- ±12V power and calibrated +5V excitation with sense lines
- 16-bit simultaneous sampling on each channel
- Up to 20 k samples per second per channel
- Up to 5 kHz Bandwidth
- Interfacing to pressure scanners, for example ESP-16HD, ESP-32HD, ESP-48SL or ESP-64HD with single-temperature sense option from Esterline Pressure Systems
KAD/MDC/103 2 x 64 channel Multiplexing ADC
The KAD/MDC/103 interfaces to multiplexed analog signals such as those from analog pressure scanners like the ESP-16HD, ESP-32HD, ESP-48SL, or ESP-64HD with a single-temperature sense option from Esterline. If support for the ESP-DTC scanner series is required, contact Curtiss-Wright support using the support tab below.
The KAD/MDC/103 has two analog inputs for differential voltages and for external temperature measurements. In addition to measurement channels, the KAD/MDC/103 provides a 6-bit address for the external multiplexer. The KAD/MDC/103 sequentially addresses up to 64 channels from an external multiplexer and measures the voltage on the outputs of pressure scanner multiplexers. The interval within which all external pressure channels are addressed is automatically set from the range 3.2 ms to 512 ms. For sample cycles longer than 512 ms, the addressing cycle stays at the maximum value.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.