The KAM/CDC/101 is used to digitize signals from charge-based sensors such as piezoelectric devices used for accelerometers.
- 4 channel charge-to-digital converter for
- piezoelectric devices
- Programmable Input range (±100mV, ±10V)
- Accuracy 3% FSR error from all sources typical
- High bandwidth with programmable filters (0.5Hz to 6kHz)
- 2nd order Butterworth 0.5Hz high pass filter
- Standard SMC (10-32) sockets per channel
- 16-bit simultaneous sampling on each channel
- Up to 24 k samples per second per channel
- Up to 6K Bandwidth
- Force and pressure measurement using piezoelectric devices
KAM/CDC/101 4 channel Charge-to-digital Converter
The KAM/CDC/101 is used to digitize signals from charge-based sensors such as piezoelectric devices used for accelerometers. Each is independent and consists of a charge-to-voltage converter (charge-mode amplifier) followed by a second-order high pass filter, sixth order low pass filter, programmable gain amplifier, a second order low pass filter, and a separate A/D.
At the heart of the KAM/CDC/101 is a hard-wired state machine that over-samples all channels at a rate between 96 ksps and 192 ksps, and digitally filters any noise above the user-programmable cutoff frequency. This is achieved using cascaded, half-band, decimate by 2, 15 tap, Finite-Impulse-Response (FIR) filters with 32-bit coefficients followed by an 8th order Butterworth IIR filter with a default cutoff point set at a quarter of the sampling frequency. Unlike most Acra KAM-500 modules, the input connectors are SMC (10-32) sockets for each channel.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.