The GPS-101B card provides IRIG-B time code capability as well as GPS position, velocity and course data to the EDAU/ CDAU/WDAU-2000 data acquisition unit.
- GPS Time Code Reader/Generator Module
- Compatible with EDAU/CDAU/WDAU-2000 systems operating at up to 20 Mbps
- Integral GPS receiver
- Accepts IRIG-B AC or DC inputs
- Time compatible with IRIG 106-96
- Generates IRIG-B, AC and DC outputs
- Use for frame time tagging, bus word time tagging
- Generates status words for transmission in PCM
- Provides latitude, longitude, altitude, velocity and course data
- New position/velocity/course data every 200 msec. (5 updates/sec.)
- On-board Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Provides actual time when GPS/IRIG time source is unavailable
- Automatically re-syncs to GPS/IRIG time every 10 sec.
- Battery backup provisions for RTC
- 250 mA-h primary Li cell on internal daughter board
- Vbatt voltage rail, supplied by external battery
- Seamless “Flywheel mode” operation (runs on internal oscillator) when selected GPS or IRIG time source is unavailable
- RS-232 (UART) interface
- Provides output of position, time and status in ASCII format
- Can be used to jam time when GPS/IRIG time is unavailable
- Windows Based Setup Software Included
- Flight Test Instrumentation
- Wideband testing, structural analysis, ...
- Physical research and experimentation
GPS-101B GPS/IRIG Position/Time Code Reader and Generator with RTC
The GPS-101B card provides IRIG-B time code capability as well as GPS position, velocity and course data to the EDAU/ CDAU/WDAU-2000 data acquisition unit. The card can be placed in either a master or remote unit operating at up to 20 Mbps and will provide time code capability for the cards within that particular chassis, allowing per-word or per-message time tagging capability for I/O cards in the chassis that acquire bus data (e.g. 1553, ARINC-429, RS-232, etc.). All encoded time words furnished by the GPS-101B module comply with IRIG- 106-96, Chapter 4 requirements for “high time”, “low time” and “micro time” formats.
The GPS-101B receives time and position signals from an integral GPS receiver every 200 ms (5 updates per second) and can also accept external IRIG-B, AC or DC time signals via dedicated input pins. Any of these inputs may be designated as the module’s selected time source which is then used to generate IRIG-B AC and DC time code outputs for cascading purposes.
The GPS-101B card also includes an on-board Real Time Clock (RTC) with two battery backup options, enabling the unit to provide actual time of day when the selected GPS or IRIG time source is unavailable. The RTC automatically re-synchronizes itself to the module’s selected time source once it becomes available.
Also on-board is an ADC for measuring and encoding the internal system temperature and voltage rails within the host stack. In addition, the MGPS- 101B provides an RS-232 (UART) interface for output of time, position and module status data in ASCII format. This interface can also be used to jam time into the unit when the selected time source (GPS, IRIG-B AC or IRIG-B DC) is unavailable.