The nRTM-4048 is a network-based 48-channel thermocouple conditioner/multiplexer unit.
- Network-based 48-channel thermocouple encoding unit
- Includes Fast Ethernet 100BASE-T port for:
- acquisition setup and configuration
- SNMP status and control
- acquisition data transport
- time synchronization using IEEE 1588 time
- Uses three (3) internal card assembly types:
- PPC-2048 overhead card: Controls internal channel sampling and interfaces with the network
- TCD-4048 16-channel thermocouple conditioning card (3 each are included): Provides thermocouple conditioning, electronic cold junction compensation, and real-time thermocouple linearization
- PSU-2048 power supply: Accepts 28VDC aircraft power and provides multiple internal regulated outputs; provides ground isolation between 28V input, chassis and signal grounds.
- True real-time thermocouple linearization
- Compatible with types J, K, T, E, C and S (N Dash 2)
- Programmable on a per-channel basis
- Mixed types in the same unit
- Programmable measurement range
- User selects zero-scale and full-scale temperatures. Range is “zoomed” accordingly. Up to 4x “zoom” (>1/4 of full TC range)
- Programmable open TC detection for nongrounded thermocouples
- ±0.3% system accuracy
- +28VDC operation, ±35VDC overvoltage protection
- Distributed data acquisition systems
- Remote temperature measurement
nRTM4048 Network Thermocouple Conditioner/Multiplexer
The nRTM-4048 is a network-based 48-channel thermocouple conditioner/multiplexer unit. The nRTM-4048 unit accepts direct input thermocouple wiring, provides electronic cold junction compensation, real-time data linearization, and compatibility with ANSI thermocouple types J, K, T, E C and S (N Dash 2), all within a single enclosure. Thermocouple data is digitized up to 16-bit resolution. Channel sample sequence and conditioning parameters are programmed and controlled by the unit’s overhead card, which is user-programmable via the network interface using TTCWare.
Data acquired and encoded by the nRTM-4048 is formatted as a data packet for output over the network bus using NPD data packet format. The nRTM-4048 is a ruggedized, fixed-volume enclosure suitable for use in harsh environments and over a wide temperature range. Thermocouple wiring uses high-reliability D-subminiature-style connectors. All network interface signals use standard 9-pin D-subminiature-style connectors. Input power uses a circular military-style connector.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.