KAD/MBM/101 1 channel Dual Redundant Bus Monitor
1 channel Dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 Bus Monitor with Parser-Packetizer
The KAD/MBM/101 is a MIL-STD-1553 dual redundant bus monitor which combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser, with the flexibility of a iNet-X packetizer. It also provides message counting, and extensive error detection functions on a single module. The KAD/MBM/101's parser triple buffers up to 1,024 messages (including one catchall), and their associated tags, in buffers up to 43 words wide. The Info tag associated with each message has a stale bit (message read before), a skipped bit (buffer overwritten) and an empty bit (no message received since power-up)—all of which can be included as discrete parameters for transmission or logging.
Moreover, all MIL-STD-1553 messages are encapsulated as iNET-X parser-aligned payload structures. These parser-aligned packets may be transmitted aperiodically to optimize network bandwidth utilization and memory usage when recording the MIL-STD-1553 bus. Aperiodic packet transmission ensures that no messages are lost, since the KAM-500 controller oversamples the KAD/MBM/101 and generates only a packet for transmission when the buffer is not empty, that is, when at least one new message has been captured from the bus. Two message counters increment on receipt of a valid message. The REPORT word has a fresh error flag with a 6-bit error code to indicate the type of error caught and the bus on which it occurred. Errors are also time stamped and recorded in the iNET-X packet.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- TEC-NOT-049 - Power estimation
- TEC-NOT-050 - SSR-500 recorder data formats and storage
- TEC-NOT-051 - Ethernet frames, Wireshark and FAT32
- TEC-NOT-067 - INEA and iNET-X packet payload formats
- TEC-NOT-016 - Power dissipation, an example
- TEC-NOT-004 - Intro to the MIL-STD-1553 bus
- Environmental Qualifications Handbook
- KAM-500 Databook
- Manual: DAS Studio 3 User Manual
- Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
- Monitors one dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus using Direct or Transformer coupled operation
- Coherently parses traffic and tags for up to 1,024 parser ID; parser ID based on 16-bit commands; RT-RT messages treated as one parser ID
- Aperiodic transmission of packetized MIL-STD-1553 messages including tags as iNET-X payload structure per channel
- Optional recording of messages with time-out status reply
- MIL-STD-1553 traffic monitoring and recording
Setting up data acquisition systems can take a lot of time and effort, particularly as many systems today are growing larger and larger. Managing thousands of channels of data over dozens of data...
The KAD/ABM/103 is an ARINC-429 bus monitor which combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser with the flexibility of an iNET-X packetizer and an error-detection function, on a single...
The KAD/MBM/102 is a MIL-STD-1553 bus monitor, which can monitor up to four dual redundant busses. It combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser, with the flexibility of an iNET-X...
The KAM/CHS/03F is a compact three user-slot Acra KAM-500 chassis, which along with the housing and backplane, includes a KAM/PSU/008 power supply unit. The backplane has three slots for...
The KAM/CHS/04L is a compact four user-slot Acra KAM-500 chassis, which along with the housing and backplane, includes a KAM/PSU/006 power supply unit. The backplane has four slots for...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.