KAD/MBM/102 4 channel Dual redundant bus monitor
4 channel Dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus monitor parser/packetizer
The KAD/MBM/102 is a MIL-STD-1553 bus monitor, which can monitor up to four dual redundant busses. It combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser, with the flexibility of an iNET-X packetizer. It also provides message counting and extensive error detection functions, on a single module.
The KAD/MBM/102's parser, triple buffers up to 4,095 complete messages and their associated tags in buffers up to 43 words wide. The INFO tag associated with each message has a stale bit (message read before), a skipped bit (buffer overwritten) and an empty bit (no message received since power-up). These can be included as discreet parameters in Ethernet or PCM transmissions.
All messages are transparently added to an iNET-X parser-aligned packet and are sent aperiodically. This is achieved by oversampling the packet buffers with the Acra KAM-500 controller and silently dropping packets, which have already been sent saving bandwidth and media storage. iNET-X messages are optimized for Ethernet transmission and simultaneous storage in Wireshark Packet CAPture (PCAP) format.
The MessageCount increments on receipt of a valid message. The error word has bits (in the form of a 6-bit code) which indicate the type of error caught and the bus on which it occurred. Errors are also time stamped and recorded in the iNET-X packet.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- TEC-NOT-049 - Power estimation
- TEC-NOT-051 - Ethernet frames, Wireshark and FAT32
- TEC-NOT-067 - INEA and iNET-X packet payload formats
- TEC-NOT-016 - Power dissipation, an example
- TEC-NOT-004 - Intro to the MIL-STD-1553 bus
- Environmental Qualifications Handbook
- KAM-500 Databook
- Manual: DAS Studio 3 User Manual
- Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
- Monitors 4 dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 bus using Direct or Transformer coupled operation
- Coherently parses traffic and tags for up to 4092 parser ID; parser ID based on 16-bit commands; RT-RT messages treated as one parser ID
- Aperiodic transmission of packetized MIL-STD-1553 messages including tags as iNET-X payload structure per channel
- Optional recording of messages with time-out status reply
- MIL-STD-1553 traffic monitoring and recording
Setting up data acquisition systems can take a lot of time and effort, particularly as many systems today are growing larger and larger. Managing thousands of channels of data over dozens of data...
The KAD/ABM/103 is an ARINC-429 bus monitor which combines the capabilities of a coherent message parser with the flexibility of an iNET-X packetizer and an error-detection function, on a single...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.