The MBCT-553M is a MIL-STD-1553 Bus Controller (BC) Module for use in Curtiss-Wright’s MEDAU-2000 or MCDAU-2000 series products.
- MIL-STD-1553 Bus Controller (BC)
- Transmits acquired PCM instrumentation data on the 1553 Bus and RS-232
- Receives 1553/RT data for insertion into the PCM and RS-232
- Receives RS-232 for insertion into 1553 and PCM
- As a 1553 BC Module:
- Initiates all Data Transfers on the Bus
- Provides Message Scheduling
- Provides Multiple Message Processing
- Allows up to 130 Messages
- Utilizes 32Kx16 of Data Buffer
- Provides Continuous Error Checking & Built-in Test
- Multiple Modules in a Single Stack
- Configurable to Operate with Analog Conditioning Modules in Same Stack
- 1553 Instrumentation
- Avionics Bus Monitoring
- Data Acquisition Systems
MBCT-553M MIL-STD-1553 Bus Controller Module
The MBCT-553M is a MIL-STD-1553 Bus Controller (BC) Module for use in Curtiss-Wright’s MEDAU-2000 or MCDAU-2000 series products. As a BC, the MBCT- 553M initiates all commands on the bus based on a preloaded schedule. Messages are temporarily buffered and are available for transmission in the PCM output format as “Class I PCM” (standard fixed-position), or can be monitored through the host stack’s RS-232 programming port, user can also select PCM data mounts for insertion into the 1553 an RS-232. The module performs word/message validation and extensive Built-In Test (BIT), the results of which are available over the 1553 bus by the bus controller, through the host stack’s PCM output format, or via the host stack’s RS-232 programming port.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.