The MBIM-394 module fulfills the role of providing an IEEE 1394b bus monitor for use in Curtiss-Wright’s MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU/ MnACQ-2000 product families.
- IEEE 1394b bus monitor module
- FireWire interface capable of up to 400 Mbps bitrate
- Adheres to IEEE 1394b standards (w/custom ruggedized connectors)
- Full-speed operation with high-speed FireWire cable lengths up to 40 feet
- Supports selected data for insertion into Class 1 PCM
- Transformer coupled to IEEE 1394 bus
- Supports data timestamp to 1-microsecond resolution
- 64 Selectable Channels based on channel number, ASM Message ID, and Sub Label
- Captures Isochronous and Asynchronous Data Stream Packets
- CAIS applications
- Distributed systems
- IEEE 1394 bus monitor
- Data selection from IEEE 1394 ASM packets
MBIM-394-1 IEEE 1394 Bus Monitor Module
The MBIM-394 module fulfills the role of providing an IEEE 1394b bus monitor for use in Curtiss-Wright’s MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU/ MnACQ-2000 product families. The MBIM-394 is a programmable bus monitor, extracting ASM packets from the FireWire bus for insertion into the PCM under format control. Packets are timestamped per IRIG 106-02 chapter 4. The MBIM-394 includes an IEEE 1394b compliant interface capable of data rates of up to 400 Mbps. The bus is accessible at the MBIM-394 faceplate via an MDM 9-pin receptacle. The MBIM-394 acts as an IEEE 1394 Leaf and monitors the bus only once identified. Up to 64 channels of isochronous or asyncnchronous data stream packets can be captured. The 64 channels can be filtered by the IEEE1394 destination channel, Anonymous Subscriber Message (ASM) ID, and/or a Sub 32-bit Label. Entire packets are pre-buffered for coherency.
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.