The MIRG-220B module provides IRIG-B time code capability to the MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU-2000 miniature data acquisition unit.
- Time code reader/generator module
- IRIG-B output time format
- Accepts IRIG-B AC or DC inputs
- Time compatible with IRIG 106-96
- On-board Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Provides actual time when IRIG time source not available
- Automatically re-syncs to IRIG time every 10 sec
- Battery backup provisions for RTC
- Primary Li cell module on internal daughter board
- Primary Li cell in MBBU-2001 module
- VBATT voltage rail, supplied by an external battery
- Flight test instrumentation
- Wideband testing, structural analysis
- Physical research and experimentation
MIRG-220B IRIG Time Code Reader/Generator Module
The MIRG-220B module provides IRIG-B time code capability to the MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU-2000 miniature data acquisition unit. The module can be placed in either a master or remote unit and will provide time code capability for the modules within that particular stack. The module accepts an external IRIG-B, AC, or DC time source for frame time tagging purposes, and in addition, provides per-word or per-message time tagging capability for certain I/O modules in the stack that acquire bus data (e.g. 1553, ARINC-429, RS-232, etc.).
The MIRG-220B module also provides an IRIG-B DC time code output for cascading purposes. All encoded time words furnished by the MIRG-220B module comply with IRIG-106-96, Chapter 4 requirements for “high time”, “low time” and “micro time” formats. The module also has a built-in Real Time Clock (RTC) with a variety of battery backup options and an ADC to measure and encode the internal MEDAU-2000 system temperature and voltage rails within the host MEDAU-2000 Encoder.
- Generates IRIG-B DC output
- Use for frame or bus word time tagging
- Generates status words for transmission in PCM
- Flywheel mode (runs on internal oscillator)
- Mission “elapsed time” mode (external reset)
- Compatible with MEDAU/MCDAU/MWDAU-2000 system
- Microsoft Windows application software included
Aerospace Instrumentation Brochure
Modern aerospace instrumentation systems can be highly complex, and it can be difficult to know how to meet program needs. It’s not unusual for requirements to change during a campaign and cause significant delays, and data must be captured reliably no matter what – otherwise expensive additional flights will be needed or months of program data could be lost. Read our brochure to learn how you can reduce your risk with commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.