The GTS/BSC/004 reconstructs a serial PCM data stream from a source that's been corrupted by amplitude modulation, phase jitter, or baseline variations.
- Bit synchronizer
- Bit error rate performance within 1 dB of theory
- Bit-rates up to 20 Mbps (NRZ-L codes)
- Smart Source Selector
- Uses signal quality estimates to weigh input signals
- Yields performance gain of up to 3 dB when all channels are used
- Real-time ground stations
- Telemetry data links
GTS/BSC/004 Smart Source Selector PCI board (20 Mbps) - 2 channels
The GTS/BSC/004 reconstructs a serial PCM data stream from a source that has been corrupted by noise, phase jitter, amplitude modulation, or baseline variations. The all-digital design utilizes two independent, programmable matched filters and Phase-Locked Loops (PLL) to track deviations in the bit-rate of the received signals.
The output from the bit synchronizers is fed into the Smart Source Selector thereby producing a hard decision (1 or 0) based on the signal quality of the received bits. If the soft values are shifted in time, data is re-aligned prior to combining the soft values.