The GTS/DEC/006 reconstructs a serial PCM data stream from a source that has been corrupted by noise, phase jitter, or amplitude modulation.
- Bit error rate performance within 1dB of theory
- Bit-rates up to 20 Mbps (NRZ-L codes)
- Uses signal quality estimates to weigh input signals
- Yields performance gain of up to 4.7dB when all channels are used
- NRZ-L/M/S, BIØ-L, derandomizer (11,13,15,17, 23)
- Sync word length up to 64 bits
- 0 to 16 bits sync word error tolerance
- 4 to 64 bits per word
- Supports digital IRIG-B 000, 001, 002, 003 time formats
- Real-time ground stations
- Telemetry data links
GTS/DEC/006 Smart Source Selector and PCM Decom (20 Mbps) - 3 ch.
The GTS/DEC/006 reconstructs a serial PCM data stream from a source that has been corrupted by noise, phase jitter, amplitude modulation, or baseline variations. The all-digital design utilizes three independent, programmable matched filters and Phase-Locked Loops (PLL) to track deviations in the bit rate of the received signals.
The output from the bit synchronizers is fed into the Smart Source Selector thereby producing a hard decision (1 or 0) based on the signal quality of the received bits. If the soft values are shifted in time, data is re-aligned prior to combining the soft values.
The recovered data is then decommutated into frames. Each minor frame can be tagged with time from an IRIG-B source to an accuracy of 1μs.