The TTC NSW-5GT-TGE is a rugged 5-port Ethernet switch that enables multicast data to be accurately distributed between nodes with precise timing.
- Five 1000BASE-T ports
- Ruggedized for airborne applications
- Supports IEEE 1588 V1 or V2 (configurable on a per-port basis)
- Supports SNMP V2c/V3 network management
- Airborne networked data acquisition
- High-speed packet switching in harsh environmental conditions includes excessive heat and cold, shock and vibration
- Time coherency distribution over an avionics network
- Airborne high-speed camera systems
TTC NSW-5GT-TGE Rugged 5-port Ethernet Switch
The TTC NSW-5GT-TGE is a rugged 5-port Ethernet switch that enables multicast data to be accurately distributed between nodes with precise timing. IEEE 1588 is supported (V1 or V2 configurable on a per-port basis) with an IRIG-B time code reader and generator, and a built-in battery-backed real-time clock and GPS receiver.
The NSW-5GT-TGE offers high levels of flexibility and functionality when instrumenting vehicles. It is ideal for applications such as flight test instrumentation, networked high-speed sensors data acquisition and recording.
The switch supports managed operation, allowing for dynamic configuration, statistics gathering and health monitoring using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). Expansion is achieved by linking multiple switches together within the network, allowing additional data acquisition units, recorders and gateways.
The NSW-5GT-TGE is optimized for size, weight and power (SWaP) and can operate with limited or no additional cooling. Other features include:
- Full line rate non-blocking switching capacity
- Support for port mirroring
- Rapid and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocols (RSTP, MSTP)
- Link aggregation (IEEE 802.3ad)
- Jumbo frame support
- IGMP v3 snooping
- Support for port and tagged-based VLANs
- Support for Quality of Service (QOS)
- Supports TELNET and SSH (secure shell)
- Field upgradable