Aircraft Ship Integrated Secure and Traverse System (ASIST)
For those preferring a free-deck landing system, Indal ASIST delivers the benefits of Curtiss-Wright's advanced handling technology in a lightweight, fully integrated 'wireless' system.
Using ASIST, helicopter landings are made solely by the pilot, during a quiescent period in ship motion. During descent, ASIST's precision Helicopter Position Sensing Equipment (HPSE) system continuously tracks and monitors the exact position of the aircraft, relative to the designated landing area and displays it to the pilot through a series of visual landing cues.
Guidance data is simultaneously relayed to a computer-controlled Rapid Securing Device (RSD), which automatically moves fore and aft along the flight deck track to maintain its position directly beneath a probe on the underside of the helicopter. Immediately upon touchdown, the probe is secured by the RSD, and the aircraft is ready to be aligned and traversed into the hangar.
On deck maneuvering is easily conducted with a single operator with no need to connect any ancillary equipment or guide cables to the helicopter. The unique design of the Indal ASIST RSD makes it possible for the single operator to rotate a 30,000 pound helicopter through 360 degrees within the confines of the flight deck – all while maintaining complete security in extreme sea states. To date, some 30 systems are installed or on order for five navies, on seven ship types, operating with five different helicopters.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Securing and Handling Helicopters Onboard Ships, Essential Factors for Meeting Safety and Operational Requirements
- White Paper: Curtiss-Wright Developed New Time Domain Ship Motion Program for High Sea State Conditions (SPLAShMo)
- White Paper: Computer Simulation of Recovery Assist Constant Tension Cable System for Helicopter Landing on Combatship
- White Paper: Investigation of Ship Flight Deck Motion Limits for Safe Embarked Helicopter Operation
- White Paper: Importance of Random Frequency Spacing in Ship Motion Simulation
- White Paper: Methodology for Ensuring Safety of an Embarked Helicopter Securing System Probe Installation
- White Paper: Parametric Investigation of the Sensitivity of Shipboard Helicopter Securing Requirements to Helicopter Configuration
- White Paper: Development and Validation of an On-Deck Helicopter Manoeuvring Simulation
- White Paper: Effects of Flight Deck Configurations and Conditions on Helicopter Securing Requirements at Landing
- White Paper: Development, Validation, and Application of the Dynaface Helicopter/Ship Dynamic Interface Simulation Software Package
- White Paper: Fatigue Life Estimation of Helicopter Landing Probe Based on Dynamic Simulation
- White Paper: Correlation between Time-domain Calculations of Helicopter Securing Probe Forces and Frequency-domain Calculations of Ship Flight Deck Motions towards Determining the Effect of Multidirectional Waves
- White Paper: Ship Flight Deck Motion Parameters for Ensuring Safety of Helicopter Operation
- White Paper: Modelling and Simulation of Skid-equipped Shipboard Rotorcraft
- White Paper: Investigation of the Relationship Between Helicopter Geometrical and Inertial Parameters and Shipboard Securing Requirements
- White Paper: Fatigue Analysis of Helicopter Landing Probe by Helicopter/Ship Dynamic Interface Simulation
- White Paper: Simulation Tools Used in the Analysis of Aircraft Handling Systems for Safe Embarked Operation
- White Paper: Extending UAV Operating Envelopes
|General||Provides positive, uninterrupted securing provided at all times|
|Recovery Assist||Landing dispersion controlled through use of automated Helicopter Position Sensing System and pilot visual cues
100% free-deck landing
|Capture Area||4~6 m2 [typical]|
|Maneuvering and Traversing||Achieved through single operator controlled movement of Rapid Securing Device along deck track
Constant helicopter lateral positioning maintained during traversing
Navies around the world rely on Curtiss-Wright's Indal RAST (Recovery Assist, Secure and Traverse) system to support ship borne helicopter operations. RAST conducts the securing, maneuvering and...
An intelligent claw capture system for non-probe installed aircraft While Indal ASIST (Aircraft Ship Integrated Secure and Traverse) is a popular system for those navies that have probe-equipped...
Similar to our proven TC-ASIST, the Manual Aircraft Securing & Traversing (MAST) Aircraft Handling System (AHS) provides an affordable alternative for securing a helicopter to the flight deck...
A True Horizon Reference System based on a Ship's Vertical Gyro System Curtiss-Wright supplies a Horizon Reference System (HRS) that extends ship borne helicopter operations during periods of...
Deck Track for Secure and Movement of Helicopters on Naval Vessels Curtiss-Wright's Indal deck track provides a lightweight, secure foundation for movements of helicopters using either the Indal...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.