Indal Manual Aircraft Securing & Traversing (MAST) Aircraft Handling System
Similar to our proven TC-ASIST, the Manual Aircraft Securing & Traversing (MAST) Aircraft Handling System (AHS) provides an affordable alternative for securing a helicopter to the flight deck during maneuvering and traversing operations. The MAST connects to the helicopter through a simple main landing gear interface, which eliminates the need for a probe to be integrated into the airframe.
The MAST is a single operator controlled AHS that provides a safe and secure method of maneuvering and traversing a helicopter between the flight deck and the hangar in conditions up to sea state 6.
The MAST system operates in conjunction with a deck-lock grid system to provide safe helicopter operations from initial recovery through on-deck handling evolutions and on to ultimate aircraft launch/disembarkation.
The MAST system's affordability is achieved through the elimination of the more complex automatic controls found on the TC-ASIST system and the use of a single deck track.
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Securing and Handling Helicopters Onboard Ships, Essential Factors for Meeting Safety and Operational Requirements
- White Paper: Curtiss-Wright Developed New Time Domain Ship Motion Program for High Sea State Conditions (SPLAShMo)
- White Paper: Computer Simulation of Recovery Assist Constant Tension Cable System for Helicopter Landing on Combatship
- White Paper: Investigation of Ship Flight Deck Motion Limits for Safe Embarked Helicopter Operation
- White Paper: Importance of Random Frequency Spacing in Ship Motion Simulation
- White Paper: Methodology for Ensuring Safety of an Embarked Helicopter Securing System Probe Installation
- White Paper: Parametric Investigation of the Sensitivity of Shipboard Helicopter Securing Requirements to Helicopter Configuration
- White Paper: Development and Validation of an On-Deck Helicopter Manoeuvring Simulation
- White Paper: Effects of Flight Deck Configurations and Conditions on Helicopter Securing Requirements at Landing
- White Paper: Development, Validation, and Application of the Dynaface Helicopter/Ship Dynamic Interface Simulation Software Package
- White Paper: Fatigue Analysis of Helicopter Landing Probe by Helicopter/Ship Dynamic Interface Simulation
- White Paper: Correlation between Time-domain Calculations of Helicopter Securing Probe Forces and Frequency-domain Calculations of Ship Flight Deck Motions towards Determining the Effect of Multidirectional Waves
- White Paper: Ship Flight Deck Motion Parameters for Ensuring Safety of Helicopter Operation
- White Paper: Modelling and Simulation of Skid-equipped Shipboard Rotorcraft
- White Paper: Investigation of the Relationship Between Helicopter Geometrical and Inertial Parameters and Shipboard Securing Requirements
- White Paper: Simulation Tools Used in the Analysis of Aircraft Handling Systems for Safe Embarked Operation
- White Paper: Extending UAV Operating Envelopes
- Article: Single-operator system is cost-effective for smaller ships
|General||Provides positive, uninterrupted securing at all times|
|Helicopter Securing||Achieved via operator manual control of the Deck Securing Device
Compatible with a Lynx, EH101 or Dauphin helicopter (or other helicopters whose main landing gear can be gagged)
Compatible with harpoon deck-lock grid or 100% free-deck landing
|Maneuvering and Traversing||Achieved through single operator controlled movement of Rapid Securing Device along deck track
Constant helicopter lateral positioning maintained during traversing
For those preferring a free-deck landing system, Indal ASIST delivers the benefits of Curtiss-Wright's advanced handling technology in a lightweight, fully integrated 'wireless' system. Using...
An intelligent claw capture system for non-probe installed aircraft While Indal ASIST (Aircraft Ship Integrated Secure and Traverse) is a popular system for those navies that have probe-equipped...
Navies around the world rely on Curtiss-Wright's Indal RAST (Recovery Assist, Secure and Traverse) system to support ship borne helicopter operations. RAST conducts the securing, maneuvering and...
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.