Sonar Handling Systems
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- White Paper: Geometrical Considerations Involved in Hydrodynamic Shock Efficiency
- White Paper: Technology Advances in Level Winding of Multi Diameter Cable Configurations
- White Paper: A novel computer simulator for cable-towed submerged vehicles
- White Paper: Elastodynamic Analysis of Towed Cable Systems by Global Nodal Position Vector Finite Element Method
- Hydro-dynamically stable, acoustically transparent towed bodies
- A body launch and recovery mechanism
- A tow winch
- Hydraulic power unit and controls
- Cable Tension Stabilizer (CTS) system
- A passive motion compensation system
- Active motion compensating systems
Curtiss-Wright's Indal Towed Line Array Handling and stowage systems are in operation within the Canadian, UK, Dutch and Korean Navies. For Surface ships these systems enable deployment and...
Towed Bodies These sensor platforms provide a 360º acoustic window in the horizontal plane. Varying in size from 4.5 to 18 feet (1.37 to 5.49 meters) and made from steel or composite material,...
Variable Depth Sonar (VDS) Handling Systems for low, medium and high frequency sonars
Curtiss-Wright manufactures a variety of variable depth handling systems for low, medium and high frequency sonars for navies throughout the world. As part of the Indal Underwater Sensor Handling Systems product line, the VDS handling systems are designed to meet a wide range of depth requirements and vessel sizes – from fast patrol craft to destroyers. Curtiss-Wright maintains an extensive database of real-world towing performance information and field proven equipment designs.
Indal turnkey VDS towing systems are comprised of hydro-dynamically stable, acoustically transparent towed bodies, a body launch and recovery mechanism, tow winch, hydraulic power unit and controls. They can be equipped with a Cable Tension Stabilizer (CTS) system and a passive motion compensation system for stabilizing tow cable tension. Active motion compensating systems working in conjunction with a CTS system are also available.
TRAPS (Towed Reelable Active Passive Sonar) system is intended for the small surface ship and unmanned surface vehicle (USV) market. TRAPS is a low cost, lightweight and high performance Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) system that is unique and new to the undersea warfare marketplace. The entire system can packaged and operated from a single 20 ft. standard ISO shipping containers allowing for ease of installation and removal.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.