VPX6-684 6U VPX 24x 1GbE and 4x 10GbE Managed Ethernet Switch and Router
- REQUEST A QUOTE
- Fully managed, intelligent multi-layer (layer2/3) gigabit Ethernet switch in a 6U VPX form factor
- Complies to OpenVPX switch profile: SLT6-SWH-4F24T
- Complete range of convection and conduction cooled formats (IEEE 1101.1 and IEEE 1102.1) with shock and vibration support
- Up to 24 x 1GbE (10/100/1000 Mbps) auto-negotiating copper interfaces (4 of the ports can be optical)
- Up to 4 x 10GbE (10 Gbps) XAUI interfaces
- Transient voltage suppressors on each GbE port to protect from electrostatic discharge (ESD), cable discharge events (CDE), lightening and other induced voltage surges
- Wirespeed performance for all packet sizes at layer 2 or layer 3 including jumbo packets
- EIA232 out of band serial management and 100Base-T debug port
- Ideal for architecting IPv4, IPv4/v6, or pure IPv6 transformational network architecture with support for intelligent routing
- Flexible network management, monitoring, and configuration capability via CLI, Telnet, Web, and SNMP interfaces
- Supports latest switching/routing features for layer 2 switching; layer 2 multicasting; VLANs; Spanning Tree (Rapid and Multiple); link aggregation; port mirroring; CoS/QoS features; layer 3 IPv4/v6 routing; tunneling; IP Multicasting
- Ubiquitous security including Secure Memory Erase; user authentication; port based security; protocol-based security; broadcast storm control; secure sockets layer (SSL); secure shell (SSH); stateless firewall capability; flexible Access Control Lists (ACLs); Network Address Translation (NAT) and Multi-cast NAT
- Extensive Built in Test (BIT) capability including Power up BIT, Initiated BIT and Continuous BIT.
This product is not recommended for new designs. Click here to see our newer VME switch, the VME-690. Enabling the vision of inter-networked heterogeneous military and aerospace systems in the...
This product has been discontinued. We have a range of VPX switches and routers. Enabling the vision of net-centric operations and extending the reach of transformational networks, the VPX3-683...
This product is not recommended for new designs. To find a substitute, see our range of VPX switches and routers. The VPX3-685 is a fully-featured Layer-2/Layer-3 managed Ethernet router with a...
The VPX6-6902 is a combined management, control and dataplane switch for small, mid-size and large 6U VPX systems. Supporting a centralized switch architecture in both star and dual-star...
Curtiss-Wright's VPX6-684 FireBlade provides Systems Integrators with a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform using 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet links. Providing up to 24 wirespeed 10/100/1000 Mbps interfaces and up to four 10 Gbps interfaces in a single 6U VPX slot, the VPX6-684 Ethernet Switch is ideal for architecting system-wide Intra-Platform Networks (IPNs). The VPX6-684 VPX Gigabit Ethernet Switch comes with a powerful set of management interfaces and complete Layer 2/3 software with dual IPv4/v6 support for building secure, high performance networks.
The VPX6-684 FireBlade can also be configured as a Unified Threat Management (UTM) router that is capable of strong perimeter defense through an ICSA certified firewall.
Managed versions of the VPX6-684 VPX Gigabit Ethernet Router provide extensive pre-integrated software that runs on its processor. Major software components include the full suite of Layer 2/3 software protocols required for intelligent switching and routing of IP packets. Curtiss-Wright also provides extra software features such as declassification, and Built-in Tests (BIT).
For building networks in the lab environment, Curtiss-Wright provides a VPX6-684 FireBlade RTM that plugs into the backside of the VME64x backplane and provides up to 24-ports of RJ45 connectors, one 10/100 deug port, two EIA-232 serial interfaces and 4-ports of 10 GbE.
Contact our sales team today to learn more about our products and services.
Our support team can help answer your questions - contact us today.