The Fortress 757 MPFR provides a complete aircraft solution supporting parametric flight data, cockpit voice, CPDLC, and image recording.
- Combined voice, data, datalink, and image recording (stand-alone options available)
- ED-112A compliant
- Designed to meet all current and possible future regulations
- Compact and lightweight
- Integrated web server for fast and free data download
- Approval to ETSO-C123c, C124c, C176, C177
- 90-day Ultrasonic Locator Beacon to TSO-C121b
- Crash protected recording
- Data storage for other applications including
- Aircraft performance monitoring
- Engine condition trend monitoring
|WPS||Bytes Per Second||Typical capacity (No of Hours)||Typical capacity (No of days)|
Fortress 757 Multi Purpose Flight Recorder
Curtiss-Wright has been manufacturing flight recorders since 1957, was the first to bring a combined cockpit voice/flight data recorder (CVR/FDR) to market in 1986, and the first to obtain RTCA-DO-178 approval for solid-state recorders. Today, we manufacture the most flexible, compact, and lightweight ED-112A compliant recorders available.
Fortress 757 provides a complete aircraft recording solution supporting parametric flight data at rates of 64/128/256/512/1024/2048/4096/8192 words-per-second for a minimum of 25 hours, 4 channels of cockpit voice recording, CPDLC recording, image recording and cockpit display recording each for 2 hours minimum. It provides the highest recording capacity of any flight recorder on the market, recording in excess of 2,500 hours at 256wps or 1,400 hours at 512wps.
Fortress 757 is designed in accordance with RTCA/DO-178C and RTCA/DO-254. It meets all current and anticipated FAA and EUROCAE requirements and has a 90-day ultrasonic locator beacon (ULB), certified to TSO-C121b. The core memory is expandable to support up to EUROCAE class 6 recorder requirements for 25 hours of recording capacity.
Fortress 757 attaches directly to an airframe to eliminate the need for heavy mounts and easily integrates with other systems to provide additional functionality such as
- High speed (<45 seconds) and license-free flight data to download at the gate via a Gigabit Ethernet link
- Reach-back capability for FOQA/FDM/FDAP Aircraft Performance and Engine Condition Trend monitoring programs
- Enhanced EMC/Lightning protection for high reliability – especially on composite aircraft
- 24/7 support line and AOG service
The Fortress 757 is supported by a dedicated recorder independent power supply (RIPS), cockpit area microphone (CAM), cockpit area camera (CAC) and cockpit control unit (CCU). Supporting dual recorder installations, the CCU enables data and image distribution to two installed Fortress 757 recorders.
Simplified Replacement of Older Flight Data Recorders to Meet New Regulations and Data Collecting Needs
What procedures must be followed in order to change one FDR for another depending on the recorders and the needs of the aircraft. This document discusses why one may decide to upgrade FDRs and uses a specific case to discuss the benefits of modern FDRs and the replacement procedures. While this is specific to certain recorders, the principles and steps are similar for any other FDR combination.