Flight Test and Aircraft Monitoring Recorders
Curtiss-Wright has decades of experience designing and manufacturing a wide range of rugged flight test and monitoring application recorders. Our products range from miniature avionics bus recorders to high speed, high capacity units with customizable interfaces.
All our recorders feature solid state media (integrated or removable), tightly integrated replay and analysis software, and industry leading technology. As well, Curtiss-Wright consistently invests in research and development to ensure they meet the newest standards.
They can record data in a variety of formats including DARv3, Chapter 10, iNET-X, IENA, and PCAP and are proven in harsh ground, flight, and space conditions. Designed to be simple to use, we have models ranging from high speed (up to 10 Gb at line rate) and high capacity (up to 12 TB), to ultra-compact bus recorders.
These recorders can be used seamlessly with our aerospace instrumentation test and monitoring product line thanks to network native designs. Time synchronization is through IRIG-B (digital) and/or IEEE-1588 v1/v2 PTP time.
The range includes dedicated data, video, and data acquisition recorders with configurable interface support for sensors, avionics buses, time and position, and built-in test. Highly configurable systems can be built using commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components or factory configured custom solutions. Control is achieved using front panel and / or remote control functions depending on the model selected. Long term manufacturing and support ensures ease of obsolescence management.
Aircraft recorder applications that Curtiss-Wright supports includes
- Flight test
- Mission recording
- High speed image and HD video recording
- Aircraft engine monitoring
- Health and usage monitoring (HUMS)
- Aircraft Condition Monitoring System (ACMS)
- Aircraft structural health and monitoring systems
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM), Operational Loads Monitoring (OLM), Loads and Environmental Spectrum Survey (L/ESS)
- Flight data monitoring (FDM) and flight operational quality assurance (FOQA) programs
- Flight data acquisition and management system
- Encryption applications